• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack House

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2014
    I personally like the 30.06 code. It may need some tweaks, but it is very specific for a reason. Much better than just any old gunbuster sign.

I disagree with you about the reason for the support, this ball was started rolling long before OCT. However, if they want to claim sole credit for it being brought up, then they need to claim sole credit for killing it as well.

This.
    The 30.06 sign I would remain intact, the only change is that it wouldn't have force of law. No sign would.
    I disagree and not sure how you can come to that conclusion. When you say that is the "only" reason, you are discounting all the work others have done for years to get us to this point. Most of that work has been done quietly and respectfully.
    You are misrepresenting what I said. I very specifically referred to the amount of support OC has had this session. I'm not discounting the work that others put in. I'm acknowledging the impact that long gun open carry walks have had.

Do you remember how much support open carry had last session? Were you apart of the open carry movement? I remember. I've been a part of the movement for quite a while.

I remember how little support there was for open carry and how no one was proposing constitutional carry.

Suddenly have the Senate is supporting open carry in some form or other and there is real discussion about it.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    When you say open carry movement, are you talking about fatty and flunky posing with their AK's at the TGIF?
    Are you talking about the two other kooks that can't seem to shut their pie holes?

Well, no, I'm not part of that "movement". I will never associate myself with that bunch.

And walking around with your AR slung over your shoulder might have had a minimal impact, but it certainly was not what got us where we are today.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    The 30.06 sign I would remain intact, the only change is that it wouldn't have force of law. No sign would.

I'm fine with 30.06 having force of law. If private property owners don't want someone to carry on their property, force of law is the only way to get people like KW to comply.

Open carry of a rifle does little to help garner support for OC of hand guns.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    If they pass licensed carry are police going to be checking for a license for every gun they come across? This seems more like registration. It's sad when blue states have more gun rights than Texas. We give the republicans a large majority and now not looks like they're going to give us registration

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    During an interview Wednesday with Texas Politics Project head Jim Henson, Straus called Watkins a "wild man" and said he did not see how anyone could view that video as anything but a direct threat to lawmakers.

"I would want to shut them down immediately," Straus said of anyone who uses such tactics to intimidate lawmakers, adding he thought Watkins was let off easily.

Houston Chronicle 2/11/15

Straus says constitutional carry lacks support, calls activist 'wild man' - Houston Chronicle

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    If they pass licensed carry are police going to be checking for a license for every gun they come across? This seems more like registration. It's sad when blue states have more gun rights than Texas. We give the republicans a large majority and now not looks like they're going to give us registration
    Yep. Just like they pull every car and truck over at the state line to make sure they have a licensee driving.

Registration? They already have my info, I have a CHL. If you don't, then in order to get unlicensed carry, you're going to have to convince the majority of the public that it's a good idea. Then, and only then, will the politicians line up to do so.
    Hopefully Abbott will have enough sense to veto any licensed carry bs that makes it to his desk.
    So you'd rather stomp your feet and scream "All or nothing! " That's mature.

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    Anyone who thinks unlicensed OC has a chance isn't looking at the field of battle. It doesn't stand a chance at this point. Maybe it might have if all the long gun carry shenanigans hadn't happened, but that's just speculation.

Face it folks unlicensed OC will not pass. You can stomp your feet and shake your fist all you want. It ain't gonna happen. Not trying to be rude, but some folks need a reality check.

txcat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2014
    Gun Control Group Hires Security for Capitol Hearing
    Citing concerns over threats of violence, a group that advocates for stricter firearm laws has retained a security guard to protect members planning to testify at the Texas Capitol on Thursday during a hearing on bills that would loosen the state's restrictions on handguns.

An unarmed, off-duty police officer will accompany representatives of Moms Demand Action For Gun Sense in America, Claire Larson, the president of the group's Texas chapter, confirmed Wednesday night.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Yep. Just like they pull every car and truck over at the state line to make sure they have a licensee driving.

Registration? They already have my info, I have a CHL. If you don't, then in order to get unlicensed carry, you're going to have to convince the majority of the public that it's a good idea. Then, and only then, will the politicians line up to do so.

So you'd rather stomp your feet and scream "All or nothing! " That's mature.

Where have you been pulled over in a personal vehicle for a license check?
    I've never had that happen crossing any state line.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Anyone who thinks unlicensed OC has a chance isn't looking at the field of battle. It doesn't stand a chance at this point. Maybe it might have if all the long gun carry shenanigans hadn't happened, but that's just speculation.

Face it folks unlicensed OC will not pass. You can stomp your feet and shake your fist all you want. It ain't gonna happen. Not trying to be rude, but some folks need a reality check.
    I'm not stomping my feet or whatever. Im just not supporting any Texas republicans anymore. I'm done with the Republican Party.

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    I'm not stomping my feet or whatever. Im just not supporting any Texas republicans anymore. I'm done with the Republican Party.

There ain't many options for voting. It's either libtards or republicans or maybe the occasional Libertarian. I think the best we can do is look at what candidates have done in the past. It's a crap shoot. None of them are going to do exactly what you want on every issue.

For me, I can't envision a situation where I would vote for a Texas Democrat. My rule of thumb is if the Tea Party supports them they can't be all bad.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I would hope rational gun owners wouldn't make a scene during the hearing. To do so would probably kill any type OC. I prefer to think gun owners will conduct themselves in a civil manner.

They don't expect any trouble, it's just a mind game. They pretend they need this crap to give the impression that anything gun related or any place where gun owners will be is inherently dangerous.

They are overreacting and pretending it is justified. Even being as stupid as it is, it will have an effect on the lowest denominators of our population and Dems will run with it like it proves some kind of point.

It's hard to combat something so stupid, and that makes so little since it's almost impossible to connect enough reality to form an argument, especially when there are people stupid enough to believe it.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Where have you been pulled over in a personal vehicle for a license check?
    I've never had that happen crossing any state line.
    This was in response to his silly assertion that licensed OC will result in cops stopping every person they see carrying and asking for a license.

I couldn't find the sarcasm font.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jakeps
    Top Bottom