• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    So I saw an advertizement for this gun show off Pat Booker rd at the Live Oak Civic center. Has anybody been to this show? Is it worth going? How big is it? It's less than 10 min from where I live so its not like the drive is a pain or anything.
    DK Firearms

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    If nobody has told you, it sucks. LOL!

It has gotten worse and worse, but I took a chance a few months back because the parking lot was overflowing. Turns out they were sharing the venue with another event and the gun show took up less than 20% of the floor space.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It has gotten worse and worse, but I took a chance a few months back because the parking lot was overflowing. Turns out they were sharing the venue with another event and the gun show took up less than 20% of the floor space.

The last time I wasted my time and money going to that crap show, the same thing happened; but no one bothered to inform anyone that the show was half of its usual size and they still charged the same entry fee.

Their show up in south Austin (in the old Target building off IH-35) was a joke as well. I see that event finally went away.

The first TGS show at Floresville was barely worth the drive, and I've heard it's only gotten worse.

Their SA show at the Al Jeezera Center (sorry, Alzafar Shrine Temple!) used to be OK; but the last one I went to back in January 2011 was a waste.

Bottom line, avoid anything hosted by Texas Gun Shows!

Cheers! M2

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    I went to one Texas Gun show that they had at the SA Events Center (where SAXET has laid claim) and that show was ridiculous, you had the guy there with the Nazi memorabilia on display, yet nothing was for sale, a ton of crap, and (wait for it) a WASR that was priced at . . . ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS (insert Dr. Evil look).

Glutton for punishment me went to check em out at Live Oak and there was a guy trying to tell me the AK mag he had was rare and wanted $40 for which I knew was crap he bought for $12 through cheaper than dirt.

And Mike's right, the one at Al Jazeera barely even had gun vendors.

Gonna save my money til SAXET next weekend unless I find something I want for my AR at Hill Country Black Rifles.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Flame away!

I don't like paying to go there, but Saturday's admission gets you in for free on Sunday after church.

Parking is free, and every now and then I run across a really good deal.

It is no different than going to a flea market.

You just might find something not a available at a larger show:

Here are just a few guns at the "lowly Live Oak" show I found at better than big-gun-show prices:

Traded a POS Remington 7615P for a Saiga .223. Even swap. No money changed hands.

Magnum Research M-1911G ($761).

Ruger SR-1911 ($757).

Not to mention primers, brass and bullets far cheaper than at the big gun shows.

As for the Nazi memorabilia not for sale, It appears to me the vendor seeks to buy Third Reich items, not sell them.

It is money better spent than sitting in a Theater watching some stupid movie.

glenn61

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    Schertz, Tx
    Thought about going but changed my mind--especially after reading these comments. I too will wait until the next SAXET. Anyone know when it is?

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    It is a sad day when we turn down every effort to support a gun show.

If you don't like what you see, complain to management!

How many letters and e-mails have you sent to city, county, state, and higher elected officials to make your views clearly known?

We lose our civil rights bit by bit by complaining to no one in general, but not holding those responsible accountable.

I can tell you that Mayor Julian Castro, County Commissioner Tommy Adkisson, Texas Senator Leticia Van de Putte, U.S. Representative Lamar Smith, and U.S. Senators Cornyn and Hutchison hate my A$$ because I constantly remind them of the job they fail to do.

In response to every communication, they reply with boiler-plate, "I share your pain" rhetoric, but do NOTHING to fix the underlying problems of our community and Republic.

Time to clean house. Vote Liberty!

Sleep well.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    I think you answered your own question there. Many of us have called or written to our elected officials umpteen times w/o effect. So whats the point? Time to fire 'em if they arent doing you and your tax $ right.

Top Bottom