• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Captain Obvious writes articles for duh media.

The obama gun grabbing panic is just starting to subside. Everyone bought the guns they wanted. Now the ammo demand is sky high instead.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Another factor is that many vendors are still trying to sell at "panic" prices despite the fact that the "panic" has subsided.

If I see any more $700-900 WASR-10s I am going to start pointing at them and laugh...

I have the SlickGuns app on my cell phone, I know how much firearms are being sold for and I am not going to pay inordinately higher prices! I am willing to hand over a reasonable amount more for the ability to handle and pick a firearm, but not 2-3x more than what I can get it for from an online vendor.

It's almost as if some vendors are banking on ignorant customers to throw their money away!

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Another factor is that many vendors are still trying to sell at "panic" prices despite the fact that the "panic" has subsided.

If I see any more $700-900 WASR-10s I am going to start pointing at them and laugh...

I have the SlickGuns app on my cell phone, I know how much firearms are being sold for and I am not going to pay inordinately higher prices! I am willing to hand over a reasonable amount more for the ability to handle and pick a firearm, but not 2-3x more than what I can get it for from an online vendor.

It's almost as if some vendors are banking on ignorant customers to throw their money away!

I agree. That's the last bastion of panic pricing. They'll figure it out. The market always corrects itself.

Quite frankly, I'm kinda surprised that the promoters are putting a little pressure on their vendors to quit screwing their customers.

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Captain Obvious writes articles for duh media.

The obama gun grabbing panic is just starting to subside. Everyone bought the guns they wanted. Now the ammo demand is sky high instead.
    walmart just suspended ammo limits on all but 22
    hopefully that'll put the gougers out of biz

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I sold ALL of my rimfire ammo recently... nearly $4K worth of it. I'M OUT for now... I'm DONE with rimfire. Who needs it at this kind of frustration level and cost. Not me!!!

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    My local Wal-Marts still have limits on ALL calibers.
    One box per person if over 50rds. They allow three per person of 50rd or less except 22. ONE per person.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    walmart just suspended ammo limits on all but 22
    hopefully that'll put the gougers out of biz

IMO the gouging market for anything but 22 has long been dead. Now I'm just waiting on bulk purchase pricing to subside to 2011/2012 values. May never happen due to "barry-flation" BUT every buyer needs to have his/her buy price in mind for any retail transaction.

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    My local Wal-Marts still have limits on ALL calibers.
    One box per person if over 50rds. They allow three per person of 50rd or less except 22. ONE per person.
    maybe they just didnt get the word yet?
    2 stores I hit today in nw harris co had no limits, one clerk I regularly speak to had just got word today

Top Bottom