• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    Well, I can add my experience to the list... I agreed to buy a Redhawk .41 mag from a guy in Ft Worth... we agreed to "meet in the middle" even though it was closer for him than me. We were to meet at the Home Depot at 183 and Industrial Blvd in Euless.
    The morning of the deal, he texted me, asking "are we still on for today?" I responded yes, I was about to leave, and should be there in about 45 minutes or so. We had agreed to meet around noon to 1 oclock, allowing some flexibility for traffic.
    I told him what I was driving, and he told me what he was driving. I was on the motorcycle...
    When I got to the Home Depot at 12:35 or so, I pulled into the lot, and parked, and checked my phone. He had texted me "are you here" I replied and told him where I was parked. That was the last I heard from him. No texts, no replies.... I called him twice and left voice messages for "Greg".... no response.

My thought is that he likely found someone to offer him more for it, and he dropped me like a hot rock.
    I had agreed to pay his asking price of $950.... didn't try to talk him down, nothing.

So.... there are a-holes everywhere.
    Guns International

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Well, I can add my experience to the list... I agreed to buy a Redhawk .41 mag from a guy in Ft Worth... we agreed to "meet in the middle" even though it was closer for him than me. We were to meet at the Home Depot at 183 and Industrial Blvd in Euless.
    The morning of the deal, he texted me, asking "are we still on for today?" I responded yes, I was about to leave, and should be there in about 45 minutes or so. We had agreed to meet around noon to 1 oclock, allowing some flexibility for traffic.
    I told him what I was driving, and he told me what he was driving. I was on the motorcycle...
    When I got to the Home Depot at 12:35 or so, I pulled into the lot, and parked, and checked my phone. He had texted me "are you here" I replied and told him where I was parked. That was the last I heard from him. No texts, no replies.... I called him twice and left voice messages for "Greg".... no response.

My thought is that he likely found someone to offer him more for it, and he dropped me like a hot rock.
    I had agreed to pay his asking price of $950.... didn't try to talk him down, nothing.

So.... there are a-holes everywhere.
    It's happened to me several times even once from Texas Gun Talk.
    My beliefs are they are sitting in wait to get a visual of buyers and or sellers then have second thoughts on what their intentions actually were.
    I now look at their joining date and use one year as a minimum to even answer thier messages.
    Scammers are more than just Scammers. IMO

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    Yes, that is the one.

I don't know how to report/give bad feedback on that forum.... I did flag his ad as "scam", but don't know if that will have any effect.

His voicemail says his name is Greg... it's a San Antonio number, but he is working out of Ft Worth, apparently.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Yes, that is the one.

I don't know how to report/give bad feedback on that forum.... I did flag his ad as "scam", but don't know if that will have any effect.

His voicemail says his name is Greg... it's a San Antonio number, but he is working out of Ft Worth, apparently.
    I reported it " for removal" lets see if that does anything.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    I just got an email from the guy with the Redhawk. He told me that his wife had an accident, and he was totally focused on getting her taken care of.
    It appears that he is not a ghosting (his words) kind of guy. I believe him.
    Since I already purchased a Blackhawk for close to the same money, I don't imagine I will be able to move ahead with the sale, unless I can do some creative financing maneuvers....
    Crap.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I just got an email from the guy with the Redhawk. He told me that his wife had an accident, and he was totally focused on getting her taken care of.
    It appears that he is not a ghosting (his words) kind of guy. I believe him.
    Since I already purchased a Blackhawk for close to the same money, I don't imagine I will be able to move ahead with the sale, unless I can do some creative financing maneuvers....
    Crap.
    All he had to do was send a " family emergency" text. 2 to 4 seconds of his time. Well crap, the Redhawk is a great Ruger, and .41 is a bit hard to come across. Shifting gears, If I bought both in one week my lovely and talented wife would find a less than subtle way to make me wish I had not. Good luck.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    He does not appear to expect me to buy it.... I just wish I could...:(
    I've wanted a .41 Redhawk for a while now. So I'll just see what works out... if it's meant to be, it'll happen....
    Thanks for all you guys' support and advice.

45er

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2021
    New Ulm, Texas
    Texas Gun Trader can be a great place to buy or sell firearms. However, I estimate that at least 5% and maybe more sellers are bona fide scammers. Since TGT doesn't have a means of letting buyers/sellers offer feedback, and they don't answer emails (at least in my experience), one must be extremely careful when dealing on this site. A number of "clues" tell me when it's a scam:

1. the price is too good to be true
    2. the ad says "for sale in Texas" and doesn't give a city location
    3. when you click on the little target icon next to location, the IP address is shown to be somewhere out of the U.S.
    4. the seller answers your "contact" email but will either not give you a phone number or insists on texting without ever having a conversation
    5. you can't verify his/her name with an address that isn't a P.O. Box
    6. seller can't immediately text you a new picture of the gun

Any of these should be a first clue that it's a scammer. If in doubt, keep your money at home!

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Well - I'm proud to say I have an Academy Award winning actress interested in buying my Burris Scout scope.
    1707874015468.png

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    On Texasguntrader and armslist you have douche bags that sully experiences. I’ve had many smooth transactions but I’ve had a couple that were annoying. Person trying to renegotiate at the time of meeting, running really late, rust on an “excellent condition!” gun. ALWAYS be ready to walk.

red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    Texas Gun Trader can be a great place to buy or sell firearms. However, I estimate that at least 5% and maybe more sellers are bona fide scammers. Since TGT doesn't have a means of letting buyers/sellers offer feedback, and they don't answer emails (at least in my experience), one must be extremely careful when dealing on this site. A number of "clues" tell me when it's a scam:

1. the price is too good to be true
    2. the ad says "for sale in Texas" and doesn't give a city location
    3. when you click on the little target icon next to location, the IP address is shown to be somewhere out of the U.S.
    4. the seller answers your "contact" email but will either not give you a phone number or insists on texting without ever having a conversation
    5. you can't verify his/her name with an address that isn't a P.O. Box
    6. seller can't immediately text you a new picture of the gun

Any of these should be a first clue that it's a scammer. If in doubt, keep your money at home!
    QFT!

Joe

red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    migunowners.org is the best "want ad" site in Michigan. The Marketplace has a feedback thread. I always check before dealing with someone. I haven't had a bad transaction.
    Perhaps TGT could implement a feedback thread.
    As for TexasGunTrader, my buddy JUST got epped....
    TBH, he did a dumb thing.....then doubled-down.
    I will try to get the details posted here soon.
    Pretty much classic scammery.

Joe

Top Bottom