• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I talked to a "pro gun" LTC instructor yesterday about this.. you could tell they were not too enthusiastic about it passing ... how can you call yourself pro gun and not want this to pass?
    I know they feel threatened about losing some business, but some people will want to keep their LTC so that they can drive state to state

Being an LTC instructor and getting upset about CC passing, is like being a block ice supplier and getting upset when people started buying refrigerators

Some of them wrote a letter to the house showing that they have only their self interests in mind.

20210415_213504.jpg
    20210415_213501.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    {Feel free to copy & paste to YOUR Senator}
    --
    Honorable {first & last name},
    Now that the House has passed HB 1927 (Constitutional Carry), I want to write and request you do all in your power to bring this measure to a vote in the Senate. Please support permit-less Carry (Constitutional Carry) and allow Texas to join at least twenty other states that grant their citizens, this Right.

I enjoin you to support Constitutional Carry and help ensure its passage in the Senate.

Most Respectfully,

xxxxxxxxxxx
    McKinney, Texas

Minor change Inwould make “20 states that recognize this right”.

It hurts me to read about states or governments “granting” rights to citizens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I talked to a "pro gun" LTC instructor yesterday about this.. you could tell they were not too enthusiastic about it passing ... how can you call yourself pro gun and not want this to pass?
    I know they feel threatened about losing some business, but some people will want to keep their LTC so that they can drive state to state

Being an LTC instructor and getting upset about CC passing, is like being a block ice supplier and getting upset when people started buying refrigerators
    Maybe if this passes, it will free up some instructor's time, and increase competition, to offer more "advanced" instruction.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Here's my reply if you are interested in another cut and paste option:

Now that the House has passed HB 1927 (Constitutional Carry), I am writing to request that you do all in your power to bring this measure to a vote in the Senate AND to support it with your vote.

Please support permit-less Carry (Constitutional Carry) and allow Texas to join at least twenty other states that recognize their citizens' inherent right of self-defense.

Texas Article 1, Section 23 already recognizes this right of Texas citizens and it is high time that the Texas Penal Code be corrected to respect the highest law of the land (The Constitution), and remove jeopardy from Texans who choose to follow it.

To quote: "Every citizen shall have the right to keep (own, possess) and bear (To wear, or carry) arms in the lawful defense of himself or the State"

The only thing the Texas Constitution allows the legislature to do is to "regulate the wearing of arms" regarding the METHOD of carry, not carry or type of carry itself as it is clear the article is expressly intended to recognize a citizen's right to exercise self-defense.

As an (insert location here) resident, I believe that this is a good measure allowing me and my fellow citizens to defend ourselves legally against the gang members who already ignore the existing laws.

I enjoin you to support Constitutional Carry and help ensure its passage in the Senate.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

Did he at least stay off TV this time?

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Some of them wrote a letter to the house showing that they have only their self interests in mind.
    Thanks for posting this. As it turns out, my guy was one of those who signed his endorsement. I have since written him, asking that my positive review be removed from his website. I also deleted it from my Google reviews. him.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Here's my reply if you are interested in another cut and paste option:

Now that the House has passed HB 1927 (Constitutional Carry), I am writing to request that you do all in your power to bring this measure to a vote in the Senate AND to support it with your vote.

Please support permit-less Carry (Constitutional Carry) and allow Texas to join at least twenty other states that recognize their citizens' inherent right of self-defense.

Texas Article 1, Section 23 already recognizes this right of Texas citizens and it is high time that the Texas Penal Code be corrected to respect the highest law of the land (The Constitution), and remove jeopardy from Texans who choose to follow it.

To quote: "Every citizen shall have the right to keep (own, possess) and bear (To wear, or carry) arms in the lawful defense of himself or the State"

The only thing the Texas Constitution allows the legislature to do is to "regulate the wearing of arms" regarding the METHOD of carry, not carry or type of carry itself as it is clear the article is expressly intended to recognize a citizen's right to exercise self-defense.

As an (insert location here) resident, I believe that this is a good measure allowing me and my fellow citizens to defend ourselves legally against the gang members who already ignore the existing laws.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Guess I could email Mrs Paxton. Or Springer?

Paxton is my state Senator too. I've actually written her about supporting 2A positions several times before. She comes across to me as being somewhat apathetic about the whole issue. I think it's just not one of her main "care abouts".

My position has always been, that by writing them, you're basically just providing a data point for some aide in their office to record how constituents are leaning on a given subject. Most of them are not reading letters for actual content, but just to know if their constituents are "for" or "against" a particular bill. For the most part, they don't give a rat's patootie about anything other than recording the data point "for" or "against". And that's really all their boss (the politician) cares about knowing.

The politician just wants to know how 'vocal' they should be in voicing their support or opposition to a given proposal in order to not alienate their home constituents (...those that actually elect them).

Last edited:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Think it would help?
    Who knows? That's a question only you can answer.

As for me, I think it's probably worth the effort. Especially considering, following the links provided in this thread and the example email, the whole process will take less than five minutes.

Is there a worthy return to be expected on that five minute investment in support of a 2A Rjght? Personally, I think so... you may not... to each their own.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The senate doesn't want us emailing them.... they have GMAIL & Proton Mail blocked.... bastards say i need a valid email.

Gmail worked fine with me. But didn’t actually email. Sent it through their portal thing and got a reply to Gmail account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom