• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nates0819

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    FT Hood TX
    tomrrow i have my field course on ft hood. ive done the online tests already. is this field course hard? ive never really hunted. im in the military (11b) so im not concerned with the firearm safety portion. anything i should know? it would be real embarrasing to fail lol

thanks in advance
    -Nate
    Gun Zone Deals

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    tomrrow i have my field course on ft hood. ive done the online tests already. is this field course hard? ive never really hunted. im in the military (11b) so im not concerned with the firearm safety portion. anything i should know? it would be real embarrasing to fail lol

thanks in advance
    -Nate

It's just basic gun safely, and an orientation course to some generic hunting ethics.
    The firearms portion (most of the time it's pellet rifles) is basic can you handle a weapon.
    When I took it, we shot 2 22's. with different site configurations. He just made sure you could put a round on the gun, (after telling you how). He wanted you to use proper trigger control, disengage the safety, finger on the trigger, then fire.
    There was no accuracy portion. We were at something like 50 yards. Just just wanted you to hit the target. Which is a cakewalk with a rifle at 50 yards. Bench shooting.

The language he used was "safely operate a weapon".

Top Bottom