• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    Barry Obama wants us to "do something" to enhance gun safety/ school safety ... I agree, we need a Special Session of the Texas Legislature to do what Oblamer asked .... and ... whatever passes ... passes

Just a few things I'd like to see ... (I know bills, bill numbers are dead,but similar topics I'd like to see)

1) HB 3218 (Springer, R) Removes off-limits locations for CHL’s
    83(R) HB 3218 - Introduced version - Bill Text

============================================
    2) if not 1), then ...

CampusCarry HB706 (Capriglione, R): or HB 1298 Relating to the carrying of concealed handguns on certain premises of or locations associated with schools or institutions of higher education.

or at least a decriminalization ...
    HB 1078 (Kleinschmidt, R, A+): Relating to the carrying of concealed handguns on certain premises of or locations associated with institutions of higher education.
    Impact: De-criminalizes carrying of a handgun by a Concealed Handgun Licensee anywhere on a college or university campus, including the "premises" as statutorily defined, activity grounds, and transportation vehicles.

re-written HB 508 cities/counties subject to fine for posting unenforceable 30.06 type signs

carry everywhere but secured jail areas maybe

knife preemption (similar to H.B. 1299 seeks to address this issue by making the state the sole authority on knife, electric stun gun, and personal defense spray law and preempting the further passage of such local laws.)

txicon.gif
    83(R) SB 1228 - Introduced version - Bill Text
    Author: Estes

Caption: Relating to an exemption from the sales tax for firearms and hunting supplies for a limited period. (IMHO, Shouldn't be taxed at all ...Tax amount could be raised to infringe on a right)

HB700 (Lavender, R): Relating to the authority of a person who is licensed to carry a handgun to openly carry the handgun; providing penalties.
    Impact: Legalizes openly carrying handguns by persons holding a Texas Concealed Handgun License.
    or HB 1194 open carry
    =================
    Hurley's Gold

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I'd just like these idiots to grow a pair. milk-toast, watered down crap is the best they can do. Constitutional Carry, Open Carry, a real Campus Carry bill to start. if one is not interested in concealed carry but is going to school, no gun in the car. If you pay up to the state and get a CC then you can have a weapon in the car. How stupid.

phd2b

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2013
    I'd love to see those too.

Realistically, what "pressure points" exist? Other than politely requesting that Gov Perry add these topics to "the Call", whatelse can we do? Suggest that we won't vote for him in the future? Given that pro2A voters likely won't vote"D", do you think he would even believe such a threat is credible?

Are there others that can influence the Gov? Should we be contacting them to use their influence?

Too new to TX politics to fully understand how the game is played.

Top Bottom