• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major Kong

TGT Addict
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Got it picked up! Richard was awesome! The lower is awesome! Now I have to wait until I have money to dump into it! lol!

That is going to be my dilemma. Don't see a whole lot of MY cash in the future.

The better half is getting a nice bonus March 14, but convincing her I need about $800 to purchase a new rifle will be tough. Still thinking about the angle to take.

MK

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)

The better half is getting a nice bonus March 14, but convincing her I need about $800 to purchase a new rifle will be tough. Still thinking about the angle to take.

MK

Luckily, I have a lot of studying to do on how to build the rifle (first time I've ever done this), what parts are best for me etc. So not having the money burning that hole in my pocket helps me make better decisions instead of jumping into it too quickly! lol. I'm doing like several others here have mentioned, the SBR in 300BLK with a can.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS

MK

well, if you got the runnerrunner lower ya can make it a complete runnerrunner gun if ya pick up one of their complete uppers. I think I recall them starting at $399.99 for a complete upper w/charging handle & BCG

Last edited:

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Luckily, I have a lot of studying to do on how to build the rifle (first time I've ever done this), what parts are best for me etc. So not having the money burning that hole in my pocket helps me make better decisions instead of jumping into it too quickly! lol. I'm doing like several others here have mentioned, the SBR in 300BLK with a can.
    aint much to it Bigun.....like the old saying goes--"If I can do it....it ain't that damn hard"---> these guys have a perty good step by step how to on youtube

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    well, if you got the runnerrunner lower ya can make it a complete runnerrunner gun if ya pick up one of their complete uppers. I think I recall them starting at $399.99 for a complete upper w/charging handle & BCG

I think I am going to get one of their complete uppers. This is my first "build" as well, and I am not confident in my abilities to put together the parts that actually launch the bullet from the barrel.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    I think I am going to get one of their complete uppers. This is my first "build" as well, and I am not confident in my abilities to put together the parts that actually launch the bullet from the barrel.

dude.....if you are assembling your stripped lower then you are "putting together the parts that actually launch the bullet from the barrel"...check out the vid I put on here about the AR-15 build. It's a piece of cake.
    Thanks for that vid big dawg!
    10-4 Bigun, they are perty easy to follow, plus you can watch & reference their vids as you actually put yours together

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    dude.....if you are assembling your stripped lower then you are "putting together the parts that actually launch the bullet from the barrel"...check out the vid I put on here about the AR-15 build. It's a piece of cake.

10-4 Bigun, they are perty easy to follow, plus you can watch & reference their vids as you actually put yours together

Alright! Alright! I will consider doing the whole thing! I just haven't had a chance to watch any videos yet. Plus I have the mechanical ability/knowledge of a door knob.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Alright! Alright! I will consider doing the whole thing! I just haven't had a chance to watch any videos yet. Plus I have the mechanical ability/knowledge of a door knob.

then ya got what is required, might be over qualified...:green: good luck, fair warning it is addicting

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)

you-can-do-it.jpg

then ya got what is required, might be over qualified...:green: good luck, fair warning it is addicting

My uncle told me that when I got my first gun.....

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Now I am fired up!

Thanks for the encouragement.

Now I just gotta find a way to get the parts sooner rather than later.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    MK, i am an idjit, if i can do it, can't be that hard.
    I found a good video, watched all the way thru, then went back and watched each part, hit pause, then put it in. Next part. Took all of an hour.

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

Last edited:

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 21, 2013
    Runner Runner, are you taking orders for the next batch of Texas lowers? If so, please put me down for 2 more. Next, any idea if and when you might be making Gonzalez flag lowers?

XinTX

Well-Known
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Runner Runner, are you taking orders for the next batch of Texas lowers? If so, please put me down for 2 more. Next, any idea if and when you might be making Gonzalez flag lowers?

Yeah, I might like to get in on one. Missed out on the last go round because I was having a tight $$ spot.

Top Bottom