• ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    They going to cancel this one? :p

I'm planning on playing hooky from work (shh, don't tell them, even if I did just post it on the internet). Who else is going? Got to finally put that FN shotgun through its paces. Didn't drop $1100 on it just to stare at it!
    Target Sports

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I'll be there, unless Sheldon cancels it the night before (again) instead of oh, I don't know, maybe letting someone else build the match...

Alex

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    So I was looking at the rules, it says the belt is open and just must be worn at waste level. Sounds like I would be OK to wear my HSGI padded belt with the molle attachments? This would be my first time, so not planning on doing anything spectactular, just having fun...

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    So I was looking at the rules, it says the belt is open and just must be worn at waste level. Sounds like I would be OK to wear my HSGI padded belt with the molle attachments? This would be my first time, so not planning on doing anything spectactular, just having fun...

I see a few guys with the same setup down there, you'll be fine with it.

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    The 2-gun match happened without him. Something about kidney stones. :ohnoes:

Planning to be there.

Yep, 2-gun was just fine... Shane did a great job. We started on time and got out at a decent hour. Not to mention I was on a good squad with Lee & Tyson. Small squad but we kept it moving!

Anyways, I'm trying to get out this Saturday, but Sweetheart may have other plans...

-Randy

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I should be at the 2-gun on 6/23. I'll be happy to pose for pics and sign autographs, just keep it above the waist please.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I believe the 4th Saturday 2gun on 6/23 has been changed into a one-time 3-gun clinic. No details except for that.
    If you get more details, can you let us know? I'm at least interested, and might know some other people who are.Unfortunately, too many of mu friends are being wimps. "It's too hot for that!" Wah, let's not do ANYTHING all summer long, gotcha.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    That looks pretty cool, too.

Cleaned my AR last night, since the bolt was filthy and the firing pin was getting gummy. Didn't realize how much wear there was on some of those components. Going to need new rings and a new firing pin after this match...

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    And now for something completely different:

I have a spare 3-gun cart, of the heavy duty garden wagon (four wheel, thousand pound capacity) type.

I will have it at the range tomorrow. If anyone wants it, just let me know. A good story (true or otherwise) as to why is enough payment...anything from "I'm sick of carrying all my crap" to "...it will allow me to carry enough ammo and still have some good "loot transport" space for post-zombie activities...

:)

Alex

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yeah .223 at 465 is fun.... :)

I messed with everybody's mind by taking the long shots first. Hadn't been able to get more of the 69 grain Federal Gold that my rifle likes, so I only had 6 left. Figured I'd put 'em at the top of a mag and burn them on the long shots first, wasn't sure how my 55 grain AE would do at that distance...

Good meeting you by the way. See you next time.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I messed with everybody's mind by taking the long shots first. Hadn't been able to get more of the 69 grain Federal Gold that my rifle likes, so I only had 6 left. Figured I'd put 'em at the top of a mag and burn them on the long shots first, wasn't sure how my 55 grain AE would do at that distance...

Good meeting you by the way. See you next time.

We had a guy that did that. Problem is he didn't tell the spotter so nobody was watching those targets on his first few shots......

Good meeting you too. See you next month.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    We had a guy that did that. Problem is he didn't tell the spotter so nobody was watching those targets on his first few shots......

Good meeting you too. See you next month.

LOL, I knew it was a good idea to tell them what I was doing when we were staging the rifle.

I'm just glad my AR didn't turn into a bolt action. Cleaned the bolt on Thursday night because it'd been cycling weak, figured a year was long enough for a rifle to get dirty. Turns out my gas rings were messed up. Didn't have a spare bolt to bring, either. :p

Top Bottom