• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    My son is an 8th generation Texan. The pervious owners of our ranch was Mexico. We are Native Texans

Got ya' beat, I hold title to land inherited directly from family who gained it from the Spanish (first ever to receive any individual title to that particular piece of land). They left the United States shortly after fighting in the Revolutionary War and worked their way to the east Texas area, got here years before Moses Austin started his settlements.

(Guess I can claim Spanish decent, as they had to renounce their US citizenship and swear allegiance to Spain before they could get the land.:p)
    Target Sports

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Do they have "I wasn't born here but got here as fast as I could" or "I travelled the farthest to live in Texas" license plates?

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Long history in America, unfortunately not Texas: On my Mother's side (nee Williams), there is direct evidence of lineage to Samuel Williams (born May 27, 1767) in or near New York City who married Jemima Platt on her birthday in Oct. 6, 1792. Jemima Platt was born on Oct. 6, 1776 in Plattsburgh which was founded by her family. There is circumstantial evidence leading even further back to 1631 or early 1632 when a Roger Williams landed in Plymouth and the actual Mayflower (1620) which carried a Thomas Williams who unfortunately dies a year after arriving in America.
    On my Father's side ( I won't list the name as it's distinct and would quickly identify me) my family arrived in the 1840's and settled in Indiana. Two of my ancestors served in the Civil War, one as Chaplain, the other a Farrier. Both survived the war.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    My great grandpa was born in NM in a covered wagon. About then, my great great granpa, who was headed west from Tennessee, said "**** this", and turned back to TX.

Top Bottom