• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    That's why there are retention holsters. It would be extremely difficult for anyone to pull my gun out of my holster because their hand cannot be easily positioned to push the "button" to release the gun. They would also have to know the holster to know where to release the gun.

It's also why you just don't let people close enough to do that stuff.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Ugly kydex holster with a button for OC. What has this state become? Use to be pride in carry gear..I watch old westerns. I know. Nice grips, nice gun, nice leather.

Kydex...pfftt! :rolleyes:

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    Such a proposal (open carry unloaded pistols only) would never pass muster in Texas. California, maybe; but not Texas!

Whatever state does have such ridiculous requirements would be one that OC'ing in wouldn't be worth the trouble.

There are numerous pros and cons to OC, I actually used to be more against it than for but changed my stance a while back. I still would be unlikely to do so if allowed, but it would be nice to have the option!

Cheers! M2

p.s. Congrats on getting your user name changed, but now I think you are a University of South Florida fan!

The CA thing (OC if unloaded only) came about because the Black Panthers stood on the Capitol steps in Sacramento in the late '60's with loaded guns in the open (rifles, shotguns, ammo belts, handguns, etc). Cops said nothing could be done; no laws broken. Unloaded only OC passed almost immediately afterwords.
    Bob

ares338

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Paris, Texas
    I do my best. :p (No, really - I do.)

But no, I don't see how keeping someone from getting too close is that hard.

I agree. If in the unlikely eventuality my wife maneuvers me to a social function I find the first place to sit with my back to the wall and look pissed off so everyone avoids me.

El Pistolero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2013
    Frisco, TX
    The problem isn't in retention or holsters, nothing to do with carry style. As restrictive as my ex-home of CT is we have (at the time of this writing) Open Carry legal but everyone pretty much conceal carries. The reasons for concealing when you can legally Open Carry is or should be obvious.. Its not just about keeping people from freaking out when they see you- though that might be a part of it from time to time.

We should want the ability to Open carry but be free to conceal when the holder sees it is appropriate and where it is legal to do so. Every license for a pistol or revolver should have in its force the nod of approval to do either.

Hey, I'm not an old hat here in TX but I'm here now and I am willing to get involved in getting these laws passed. I just need schooling on who does or did what, that my vote is educated and goes to the right place. ;)

jamisjockey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Pearland
    Call me radical, but open carry should not require a license. Neither should concealed carry.
    Of course, I am always for moving the ball down field.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    This from George Lavender's Facebook page...

It has come to my attention that some people who support the Open Carry bill have sent threatening email's and maybe phone calls to committee members and their staff. This is not acceptable and does much more harm than good. If you know anyone who is doing this, please ask them to stop.

Whereas I suspect it is an underhanded tactic but those who oppose OC; I also worry that there may be some supporters who are becoming overly zealous in getting it passed. I don't think anyone on here would be so stupid as to threaten someone like that, but if you could help get the word out it will benefit us all!

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    This from George Lavender's Facebook page...

Whereas I suspect it is an underhanded tactic but those who oppose OC; I also worry that there may be some supporters who are becoming overly zealous in getting it passed. I don't think anyone on here would be so stupid as to threaten someone like that, but if you could help get the word out it will benefit us all!

Name names, we'll handle it :eek:

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I dont think people would freak out too much about seeing a gun on your hip. They would
    A. Not notice
    B. Think your a cop of some sort and not think twice on it
    C. Just not care

sent from my dishwasher

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I dont think people would freak out too much about seeing a gun on your hip. They would
    A. Not notice

C. Just not care

sent from my dishwasher

A tangeant off that, I'd dress nice all the time - tucked in, nice shirt, nice belt, nice jeans, nice boots. I'm looking forward to the prospect of a nice and professional presentation rather than trying to dress with bulky pants and shirts to hide my carry. Conceal carry dress & style are different beasts for guys and girls. IMO, generally, guys have it easier for CC.

The way I want to dress and the style clothes I want to wear, I cannot with CC.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    A tangeant off that, I'd dress nice all the time - tucked in, nice shirt, nice belt, nice jeans, nice boots. I'm looking forward to the prospect of a nice and professional presentation rather than trying to dress with bulky pants and shirts to hide my carry. Conceal carry dress & style are different beasts for guys and girls. IMO, generally, guys have it easier for CC.

The way I want to dress and the style clothes I want to wear, I cannot with CC.

Exactly. Dressed in nice business attire or texas business attire, nobody would bat an eyebrow

sent from my dishwasher

xd.40

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    dallas tx
    my 2 cents: Im all for open carry, i hope we get it here in texas. although i would opt to conceal carry, i would deffinetly not mind havving that option.

GrandpaOf18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Elmendorf TX
    A. Not notice
    C. Just not care

sent from my dishwasher

Just today at lunch, at a small chinese place, there were to guys open carry, no badge or outward show of police or anything. They looked like police, but nothing showing that they were. They came in, sat down, ate, tipped, got up, payed, and nobody even gave them a second glance.

Top Bottom