Patriot Mobile

Texas power grid almost reached capacity yesterday due to heat !

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bad Hombre

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2023
    Texas
    You understand that plants are taken down for Maintenance this time of year so they can be up when the summer heat starts
    Yea, I understand that. But Abbott has done nothing to create any kind of excess capacity that is dependable in extreme heat and extreme cold. No new power plants are being planned and nothing to replace those that are scheduled to go off line in the not too distant future except friggin windmills !

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Yea, I understand that. But Abbott has done nothing to create any kind of excess capacity that is dependable in extreme heat and extreme cold. No new power plants are being planned and nothing to replace those that are scheduled to go off line in the not too distant future except friggin windmills !
    And exactly how is Abbott supposed to force companies to build thermal plants in Texas? Especially when the taxpayer funded subsidies help wind/solar and render thermal plants financially unfeasible?

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    There is a 1.2 GW Natural Gas fired plant under construction outside of Austin. ERCOT is currently seeking bids to add a total of 3.0 GW of generation using traditional fuels, no solar or wind.
    Would it please you if they put a little generator on Abbotts's chair so he could help out when he has time?

Last edited:

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    This type of unbalanced whining is so predictable.

“Waaah, no one is doing anything to ensure reliability in extreme weather!” “Waaaah, taking plants down for maintenance and upgrades during temperate months is bad!” “Waaaaah, Abbott’s a big weenie!”

Move back to California already.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    It was 90 friggen degrees yesterday and the grid almost maxed out ?

Abbott needs to be thrown out of office for his failure to take big time serious action on the power situation in Texas. It was 90 degrees yesterday and that almost took down the grid. What is going to happen with it is 107 like it was last summer?
    Have you decided to run for office so you make everything perfect?
    How long have you been in Texas?

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    It was 90 friggen degrees yesterday and the grid almost maxed out ?

Abbott needs to be thrown out of office for his failure to take big time serious action on the power situation in Texas. It was 90 degrees yesterday and that almost took down the grid. What is going to happen with it is 107 like it was last summer?
    We won’t freeze to death like last time. Which is good cause I hate shoveling my driveway in this heat to come inside only to freeze to death.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    1ebd9c33-8078-4dd7-8712-eddd37d75f0b_text.gif

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    Texas Power Supply problems originate with federal rules providing renewable credits. Hard to build dispatchable thermal generators when then unreliable green power gets subsidized. EPA's interpretation of Emissions rules increases those challenges. Expensive and Unreliable power is a creation of green environmentalists.

Top Bottom