• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    .gov can’t be trusted. I don’t know why anyone takes .gov promises at face value.

CA’s school funding shortfalls were to be covered by the lottery, so everyone voted for a lottery.

Money gets diverted, and the schools are still in the red, deeper than ever.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
    It doesn’t matter what state, or what program. It’s all the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Guns International

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    The desire of the ruling class to spend other people’s money is insatiable!!

They cannot get enough. So whenever they can, they will go after any new source (preferably one that doesn’t look like “tax”). Thus, fees, lotteries, licenses, ...

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Is the Texas legislature much more disciplined on spending? because Colorado said it was going to be used to fund schools, and would not go to the general fund or special interest projects..

s.
    We are on the same page and agree but maybe TX politicians are slightly better. Remember what they said about the lottery and TX schools. Where did that funding go?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Remember what they said about the lottery and TX schools. Where did that funding go?

I was moving to Texas and heard that school funding blarney on the car radio over & over. It really sucked when they had the gall to deny saying that Lottery money was earmarked for the schools! What a crock!

Flash

atticus finch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    legalization? Absolutely.
    It means a cop can no longer use the pretext of "I smell the odor of pot in your car" as the lie of an excuse to search your car without a warrant or your consent.
    Pot is legalized? " I smell pot in your car" Yeah, so? That's not a crime or evidence of one, I don't consent to any searches, have a nice day.
    The same for any of the pretexts used under the so-called 'war on drugs' which is a war on our civil rights.
    Pot is legal? It just takes that much more off the table weighing against our civil rights under the so-called 'war on drugs'

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    It means a cop can no longer use the pretext of "I smell the odor of pot in your car" as the lie of an excuse to search your car without a warrant or your consent.
    Pot is legalized? " I smell pot in your car" Yeah, so? That's not a crime or evidence of one, I don't consent to any searches, have a nice day.
    '
    Shhh, don't expose the scam. I use to wake up every day and ask who I could screw over. I always smelled that stuff when I wanted to illegally search a car. I carried a small baggie of weed I`d "find" under the seat to better my jail stats. I guess If I was still on patrol I`d have to come up with another pretext/lie.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    ALL of these WILL happen if you legalize recrational MJ... even if you don't believe me, I'll search up this post and be the biggest "I told you so" ******* youve ever seen.
    That depends a lot on your community. Doubt you'll see much of a change in conservative towns. The libtard cities already have all those problems. The problem there isn't substance abuse, but the culture that causes it.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    That depends a lot on your community. Doubt you'll see much of a change in conservative towns. The libtard cities already have all those problems. The problem there isn't substance abuse, but the culture that causes it.
    It only gets amplified... there are drugs in rural towns, too... just lots of good folk that won't tolerate it.

Inner cities only get worse faster

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    The same for any of the pretexts used under the so-called 'war on drugs' which is a war on our civil rights.
    Pot is legal? It just takes that much more off the table weighing against our civil rights under the so-called 'war on drugs'
    You're full of shit... driving under influence is still illegal in states where it's legalized, and so is smoking in public... so that would not be dismissed... part of the revenue stream is 1000's of citations for public use... but DUI is jailable offense.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    War on drugs is a waste of time and resources. Marijuana, the least harmful of just about any drug, legal or otherwise, on the planet.
    On and individual basis I'll agree with you, but hundreds of thousands or millions of drains on society as a whole is a disaster of epic proportions.

I don't like the gov't regulating it, but the changes I saw after recreational legalization was far worse.

There are tours where you can travel to Colorado and get stoned all weekend, and they'll drop you back off in Texas... if that's your thing. But it will prevent someone from spiraling into living in parks here just so they can stay high... they'll become Colorado's problem.

McCrapper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2018
    Central Texas
    On and individual basis I'll agree with you, but hundreds of thousands or millions of drains on society as a whole is a disaster of epic proportions.

I don't like the gov't regulating it, but the changes I saw after recreational legalization was far worse.

There are tours where you can travel to Colorado and get stoned all weekend, and they'll drop you back off in Texas... if that's your thing. But it will prevent someone from spiraling into living in parks here just so they can stay high... they'll become Colorado's problem.

Allowing the use of marijuana shouldnt provide these havens you speak of if its legalized nationwide. Are you saying that people will be quitting their jobs to smoke weed all the time?

The people that smoke it will continue to do so (including doctors, lawyers, and veterans) and I would venture to guess incarcerating non violent drug users is more detrimental to our economy than a few hippies getting high everywhere. I am a fan of states rights and dont necessarily agree with across the board mandates like this but decriminalization/legalization of drugs in general would be a net positive for society.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    You have a reference for you allegation?
    I'm going hiking in CO in a week. Have a weekend home there. Never seen even the remotest hint of what you are purporting.

I'm calling BS on it.
    The farther you get from where it's sold, the better it gets... I don't know where your home is there, but individual cities/townships can decide whether to sell recreational or not.

The Denver mainstream media in particular tries to avoid talking about the "homeless" problem... for a while they called them "travellers" to sugar coat it... but I think they stopped that at the behest of tourist organizations (too many hits on searches made the state seem undesirable)

https://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/31/denver-parks-drug-user-ban/

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Pu...d-in-park-growing-drug-problem-392666171.html

Last edited:

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Allowing the use of marijuana shouldnt provide these havens you speak of if its legalized nationwide. Are you saying that people will be quitting their jobs to smoke weed all the time?

The people that smoke it will continue to do so (including doctors, lawyers, and veterans) and I would venture to guess incarcerating non violent drug users is more detrimental to our economy than a few hippies getting high everywhere. I am a fan of states rights and dont necessarily agree with across the board mandates like this but decriminalization/legalization of drugs in general would be a net positive for society.

Very naive view... I have seen people drop out of college and wind up moving back in with their parents after 'discovering' drugs. You don't have to agree with me, I can't force you to see the truth if you don't want to.

McCrapper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2018
    Central Texas
    Very naive view... I have seen people drop out of college and wind up moving back in with their parents after 'discovering' drugs. You don't have to agree with me, I can't force you to see the truth if you don't want to.

Its not a naive view at all, you are talking about a college student which is prone to making dumbass decisions. You arent going to have thousands/millions give up on life to get high on pot or any drug whatsoever. There is nothing to support that.... I can see the possibility of people moving to colorado and getting high all the time, no doubt. However, its the same percentage of the population that were just potheads elsewhere and moved. Also, just like anything else, if something was illegal and people liked to do it previously and you legalize it all of a sudden theres a spike in usage but it returns back to normal levels within a period of time.

Top Bottom