Join TexasGunTalk

Texas school rewrites 2nd Amend

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ole Cowboy, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Ole Cowboy

Ole Cowboy TGT Addict

May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Textbook version: "The people have a right to keep and bear arms in a state militia."

Actual 2nd Amendment: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Your Call to Action:

1. Call Guyer High School and tell the appropriate person something like the following:

"Hello, my name is _______________. I saw that your AP History course has issued a book titled, United States History: Preparing for the Advanced Placement Examination. In this book, on page 102, the definition provided for the Second Amendment is incorrect and seems to be suggesting that only members of a State Militia are allowed to keep and bear arms. Who made the decision to use this text book? I'd like them to issue a public statement on this book's attempt to redefine the 2nd Amendment and why they chose to use it. We would also like this issue to be discussed at the next school board meeting. Please include it on the official agenda."

John H. Guyer High School
    7501 Teasley Lane
    Denton, TX 76210
    P: 940-369-1000

2. dustycorgill

dustycorgill Well-Known

Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    No problem. I'll call em.

3. Glockster69

Glockster69 TGT Addict BANNED!!!

Jul 1, 2011
    Sorry but seems speculative with the info provided. Do you have some confirmation it's true?

4. TX69

TX69 TGT Addict

Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
  5. TX69

TX69 TGT Addict

Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
  6. Glockster69

Jul 1, 2011
    Incredible!

Now, don't shoot the messenger and clearly "in a state militia" is wrong but, above your well mani'd finger it reads "Here is a summary .... "

7. dustycorgill

dustycorgill Well-Known

Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Glockster, you and I have spoken and you know I got nothing but respect for you. And no Im not shooting the messenger.....but I for one dont want my rights "summarized". Summarizing them leaves some VERY important details out.

8. Glockster69

Jul 1, 2011
    I agree completely Dusty. By summarizing AND changing the wording, they are essentially re-writing history.

You (generally speaking) are entitled to your opinion but, you are not entitled to your own facts.

*spoke - :p

9. Glockster69

Jul 1, 2011
    I'm not sure singling out Denton or any other district is the correct (or only) response to be taken.

My bet is it filtered down through the TEA and probably the NEA also.

10. dustycorgill

dustycorgill Well-Known

Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    amen!