Patriot Mobile

Texas Should Follow Florida's Lead On This...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Florida Forces Towns to Pull Local Laws Limiting Guns

MIAMI — The signs — “No Guns Allowed” — are being stripped from many Florida government buildings, libraries and airports. And local ordinances that bar people from shooting weapons in their yards, firing up into the air (think New Year’s Eve) or taking guns into parks are coming off the books.

The state has spoken, again, on the matter of guns, and this time it does not want to be ignored: since 1987, local governments in Florida have been banned from creating and enforcing their own gun ordinances. Few cities and counties paid attention, though, believing that places like Miami might need to be more restrictive than others, like rural Apalachicola, for example.

But this year the Legislature passed a new law that imposes fines on counties and municipalities that do not do away with and stop enforcing their own firearms and ammunition ordinances by Oct. 1. Mayors and council and commission members will risk a $5,000 fine and removal from office if they “knowingly and willfully violate” the law. Towns that enforce their ordinances risk a $100,000 fine.

(Click on title for full article)

We need this in Texas, so cities like San Antonio can have ridiculous laws on their books such as no loaded long guns allowed in vehicles...

Plus, it could be a great revenue generator for the state.

The only problem is, it would be our tax monies that would be used to pay the fines!

Either way, I am not holding my breath!

Cheers! M2
    Guns International

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    The only problem is, it would be our tax monies that would be used to pay the fines!

Agreed, maybe it's time to hold public officials accountable for their actions financially. Fine the individual responsible, not the city.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    We need this in Texas, so cities like San Antonio can have ridiculous laws on their books such as no loaded long guns allowed in vehicles...

Plus, it could be a great revenue generator for the state.

Either way, I am not holding my breath!

Cheers! M2

Nope, it amends 790.33 with section 3(d) that denies them access to public money to pay their fines.

Here's text: http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Secti...ocumentType=Bill&BillNumber=0045&Session=2011

That NYT Article is inaccurate. I don't see where this law would make shooting guns in the air or shooting in your backyard legal... Then again, it's the NYT. Their bias is well-known. :p

Top Bottom