0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    At the Cedar Ridge Range in Bulverde.

7110 FM 1863
    Bulverde, TX 78163

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl(830) 980-4424

Primarily handgun. 90 rounds minimum.

Possible shotgun side match after the shoot if there are enough to participate. Unless you "miss" alot you shouldn't need more than 50 shells.
    icon_smile.gif

Set up at 0745

Gates open 0900 including sign up

Start shooting 1000-1030 depending on how many shooters show up and runs till 1300-1330 depending on numbers.

Shotgun starts at the end of the match until finished. 1430 on up.

Yeah I'll be there.
    Lynx Defense

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Interesting...I've never done one, but would like to give it a try..
    What kind of Ammo is good to use?
    Might try to make it out...

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    Store bought preferably but reloads are ok.

But there is an IDPA shoot in Austin tomorrow at : Austin Rifle club 16312 Littig Road, Manor, TX‎ - (512) 272-8280

Same info as above for the shoot in San Antonio and it's run by Texas Tactical as well. Mike goes to both Austin and San Antonio for IPDA shoots.

Since I won't be in Austin tomorrow I only posted this in the San Antonio forum. :-)

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    As for the ammo, I mean, FMJ's? JHP? WC's? or just personal preference....

Hmmmm...Might see if I can get up early enough in the morning for that one...Suppose to work some tomorrow, but that looks like more fun..LOL

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    As for the ammo, I mean, FMJ's? JHP? WC's? or just personal preference....

Hmmmm...Might see if I can get up early enough in the morning for that one...Suppose to work some tomorrow, but that looks like more fun..LOL

Anything is fine as long as it's not "tracer" ammo.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Well didn't make it out to the one today, will try to get out to the one tomorrow..

Been looking at picking up an XDm 9 for such an occasion, but if I come out tomorrow to CR I'll have to bring my .40... Which is not a big deal.. At least I can get an idea of what it's all about..

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Well didn't make it out to the one today, will try to get out to the one tomorrow..

Been looking at picking up an XDm 9 for such an occasion, but if I come out tomorrow to CR I'll have to bring my .40... Which is not a big deal.. At least I can get an idea of what it's all about..

Texas Tactical runs a really good show there and fun too. They are a great bunch of guys and are very welcoming to newcomers.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    How long does the sign up last? It starts at AM, and goes til? Just curious, as I am about an hour and a half away, so figure if I leave my house by 7:00 I should be there in plenty of time. Is the place easy enough to find? will the address show up on GPS?

Thanks for taking the time to respond...

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Take 35 south to Exit 175 and the GPS should get you there no problem. Here is there website:

Home

Get there at around 8:30 or so and you'll be good to go. The gate won't open till 9:00 so if you get there before that you will have to line up. Don' worry, they'll be a few others there waiting to. :)

I think Fury's post above will give you more details about the hours and specific goings ons and such .

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Store bought preferably but reloads are ok.

But there is an IDPA shoot in Austin tomorrow at : Austin Rifle club 16312 Littig Road, Manor, TX‎ - (512) 272-8280

Same info as above for the shoot in San Antonio and it's run by Texas Tactical as well. Mike goes to both Austin and San Antonio for IPDA shoots.

Since I won't be in Austin tomorrow I only posted this in the San Antonio forum. :-)

The IDPA match is today not Sunday. There is a ALSPPC match which is a chapter of USPSA Sunday at the Austin Rifle Club. Match starts at 10 and sign up around 9am. If you want to come out you need 120 rounds if you don't miss lol so bring more and the Fee is $20 for non members. I believe it is all steel which is a lot of fun.
    Welcome to the Austin Rifle Club
    Austin Lone Star Practical Pistol Club
    United States Practical Shooting Association

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Ok, so now I am a bit confused... The schedule on there site starts with June 6th....So what is going on tomorrow (Sun May 23rd) at each range?

Steel looks like it would be a lot of fun..Never done any of these, so it's an adventure no matter what...

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    5/23/10 at Austin Rifle club is having : Steel challenge, benchrest, and black powder shoot.

5/23/10 at Cedar Ridge is having : Texas Tactical IDPA ( handgun )

And that's it.

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    If you want to look for me I'll be wearing a black LaRue Tactical cap probably sitting on my truck, white nissan frontier crew cab with grey fender flares. :-)

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Will do...We'll be in a Green Tundra looking like we're lost and clueless...LOL..well, perhaps not that bad..See you there.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Ok, I am hooked...that was a million times better than going to the range and shooting at the same paper target over and over and over and well, you get the picture,,,

Top Bottom