• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Have to use their ammo.......place is neat for what it is. Membership prices have dropped compared to what they were when first open. It's owned by a gun shop which I would not purchase from, therefore I won't shoot there either.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I first went there the 2nd day i was in San Antonio from moving from California. The prices was ridiculous but i could deal with it because of the quality of the range. Then i found out you need to buy ammo from them and i said screw it. Not to mention at the time i had a new 10mm 1911 i wanted to shoot and go figure, they don't make lead free 10mm.

That was 2.5yrs ago, haven't been back.

JOe

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I just went to Texas thunder since i decided to get a shake from Whataburger.

what a pathetic shop. some guy just reading a magazine with no offer to help. The "Glock" case had the cheapest model being $615!!!!!! They only had (4) 1911's and 2 were Remington R1's priced at $789!!! They had a base model Ruger 10/22 for $259...

How do they stay in business? It was my first time back in 2.5 years and i don't plan on going back lol.... sucks to have a gun shop and range 5 minutes from me but it sucks so bad. Oh well...

JOe

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    They stay in business because they rely on that one time customer. The owner told me he can sell used Glock 22 models for 600 all day when I was looking to sell mine at the time. Don't even freak out your wallet or Heart and ask what they charge for a Kimber. Every time I've gone in, yes recently to humor myself, they have one guy at the counter and probably 4-8 people waiting to ask a question, but he obviously can't handle them all. I don't know why the owner won't get someone ele in there. They told me he reopened the shop in Kerrville too.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yep, and that new shop in Kerrville took away one of the few positives that shop had...selection. It wasn't that great but at least they had stuff (albeit overpriced) in the display cases. Last time I was in there, they had nothing.

I drive by there on a regular basis, but rarely ever go in. It's not worth the time nor effort, if you ask me.

Cheers! M2

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    The owner is a real nice guy. His employees are a bunch of dips though... I wouldn't buy a gun at the shop in kerrville because of the prices... He has treated me pretty well on some parts that I have needed in a pinch.. However, they wanted to charge me $18 for 20 rounds of brown bear 7.62x54R.. I decided not to shoot my mosin that day.

apmechanicdude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    San Antonio
    I NEVER hear anything good about this place. HAHA I really do wonder sometimes too, with all the negative who actually goes there to shoot? I live 5 minutes away from the Bullethole and even they're getting on my nerves already.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Kind of what I figured, my wife works off of Bandera we were over there today and drove past the shop and range, didn't stop but saw the sales position available sign outside the shop and thought I would look into it. Went to their website and had a wtf moment browsing around so figured I'd come here and see what people had to say about it, gonna say never mind on that I guess.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom