• ...and so much more!
  • glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    I've been getting them for about 2 months. It got so bad that I'd get 20 a day. Every time I would reply STOP to unsubscribe, when I hadn't subscribed in the first place. I finally just marked them as trash and they get deleted, and they're down to only a few a day. It still irritates the crap out of me. I just assume I gave the repub. Senatorial committee my phone number for something in the last few years, and now they're determined to wear me down. It won't work.

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    I explained to several Republican phone solicitors that I am at best a very reluctant Republican. Each of their calls me me like them less. There is a point they are just as evil as Democrats. Take you choice Republican Kook whoncalls and texts, please remove me OR lose me. Eventually my name has dropped off their list. And Republicans continue to be slightly less evil than Democrats.

I so wish there were votes to cast that were not for the lesser evil.
    The greatest evil appears campaign materials!
    ac3b2a_1540762-2343183404.jpg

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    Tactic? Maybe they actually are Dems, posing as (R), and annoying you into not voting.
    Phone solicitors are about the lowest for of life on the planet. That they would be playing a nefarious game does not surprise me. I used to work Republican campaigns so have some knowldge of how they system worked last decade. Finally they dropped me!

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Phone solicitors are about the lowest for of life on the planet. That they would be playing a nefarious game does not surprise me. I used to work Republican campaigns so have some knowldge of how they system worked last decade. Finally they dropped me!
    Phone solicitors won't change or prevent my vote, but they have caused me to stop contributing to the candidates I support.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I used to sign up for campaign alerts from Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, et al. Of course I used my boss's email address. Work was boring and it was funny to hear him swearing across the hall.
    I like your style!

I check my texts and email. sometimes in the morning while brewing coffee, other times at the end of the day. Either way, I just delete 95% of them in a matter of minutes and go on with my life.
    You can unsubscribe until August 35th and they will still keep coming, so just highlight and delete. Its just that easy

Now spam phone calls, thats a whole other gaming platform worthy of a thread of its own on how to screw with those idiots. At least when you get one that actually has a pulse instead of a digital voice.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I've been getting them from Nikki.......no one else.........

FTB...........

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I get 'em too, but don't really bother me. Not sure why it's such a big deal. Just ignore and delete......even the personal one I got from Don, Jr., the other day. :laughing:.
    With my job, I can't just ignore texts or check twice a day. They could be urgent with people's safety involved, or operational issues with huge impacts on customer's revenue.

So they are a distraction and interruption.

Top Bottom