• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • datatech2550

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2014
    T-Mobile has spam filters for both calls and texts, just have to turn them on.

Has made a HUGE difference.

Sent from my SM-A546U using Tapatalk

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    With my job, I can't just ignore texts or check twice a day. They could be urgent with people's safety involved, or operational issues with huge impacts on customer's revenue.

So they are a distraction and interruption.
    When I say ignore, I don't mean don't look. Just recognize it's spam and move on. Takes all of a second or however long it takes to glance. I have a job too where I use my phone/texts for communication and it just doesn't bother me. Unfortunately, unwanted texts are the new cold calling, whether political or otherwise.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    When I say ignore, I don't mean don't look. Just recognize it's spam and move on. Takes all of a second or however long it takes to glance. I have a job too where I use my phone/texts for communication and it just doesn't bother me. Unfortunately, unwanted texts are the new cold calling, whether political or otherwise.
    I get tired of being interrupted, for however short a time, from doing work (or doing other things in my off hours) to stop and look at the stupid phone.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    If I don't have the number programmed in my phone I let go to vm.
    If no message I block and delete.
    I don't get many.
    Most will flash Telemarketer or Spam.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Irritating, yes. I just trash them. I at times even get some from the dems, those make me chuckle. I'd rather get texts than mailings, those don't fill my waste basket.

Wallace Dunn

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2020
    Odessa, TX
    I like your style!

I check my texts and email. sometimes in the morning while brewing coffee, other times at the end of the day. Either way, I just delete 95% of them in a matter of minutes and go on with my life.
    You can unsubscribe until August 35th and they will still keep coming, so just highlight and delete. Its just that easy

Now spam phone calls, thats a whole other gaming platform worthy of a thread of its own on how to screw with those idiots. At least when you get one that actually has a pulse instead of a digital voice.
    I use the Verizon Call Filter app on my phone. If the number is not in my phone book it goes straight to voicemail and my phone won't even ring. They have a paid version of the app, and I tried it, but the free version works just fine.

Top Bottom