• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Hello folks!

Just posting the monthly thread to organize the monthly shoot, here in El Paso. We are shooting for Sunday the 14th, sometime between noon and 2PM, depending on who all wants to come out. Please post in this thread if you are at least going to try to come. Last month was awesome. We had new members out and even though it was a pretty cold day, we were all warmed by the wonderful heat of burning gun powder and we had an awesome time doing so.

OUR ACTIVITIES: Consist of but are not limited to - sharing knowledge - letting each other experience new platforms or calibers - helping each other zero - running drills - analyzing and breaking down tactics including emulating certain events or shootings that have been publicized for the purpose of understanding the mechanics involved in what went wrong or right and getting a feel for how we would have handled those events and whether or not we have the skillset and mindset to act effectively and proficiently - we help each other solve certain problems we may have with firearms that are malfunctioning - we help each other gain more insight into how we can better setup our weapons as well as how we can better use them - we collect data on loads/velocity/casing pressures/standard deviation/as well as the biological variables such as speed of the draw/first shot/splits/the way in which we hold our weapons/the differing ways we view the sights red dots and targets and how we can tie all of this together to create well rounded and unified system for the purpose of helping each other perform as optimally as one's potential allows in order to protect ourselves loved ones and our fellow Americans... Goes on and on.

THE POINT: We are attempting to build connections and friendships between like minded individuals, utilizing something as important as our natural right to self preservation, for the purpose toward a betterment of our own lives and society. For those of you who may not be looking for long term friendship, or a group to mingle with, come out and have fun anyway. You'll still gain a lot from it and you can go your own way at the end of the day.

!TAKE NOTICE!: Safety is our ABSOLUTE and highest priority. If we can achieve safe and disciplined habits and behaviors, it will serve as a strong foundation that we can confidently build onto as we all advance in this martial art that is firearms and self defense. Should anybody show up and not take safety as serious as we do (they should), will be bluntly asked to leave and will not be welcomed back within the group. Obviously accidents happen and even rare negligence can be forgiven, but a careless attitude toward safety will NOT be tolerated. Being safe does not equate to not having fun, we can have both and still be able to make it back home.

COME AS YOU ARE: All you have is a conceal carry handgun? Cool, bring it. You can shoot our rifles. You want to bring 20 guns you're proud of and a ton of nylon? Cool, let's zero em and train. There is no set bar and there are no expectations other than that you are an honorable person, with good character, and good moral intentions.

There are a lot of photos and video from the last couple of shoots that I've compiled into a short video (link below). If you wish to join us, please respond here, or text 915-790-6771 (me/Jon). Please do not call. If you need to ask questions, or something else requiring a call, please text the purpose for the call and I'll call you from a different number. Hope to see some new faces. Have a great rest of your month and God bless!

Previous meets:
    ARJ Defense ad

alanwk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    El Paso, TX
    Hello folks!

Just posting the monthly thread to organize the monthly shoot, here in El Paso. We are shooting for Sunday the 14th, sometime between noon and 2PM, depending on who all wants to come out. Please post in this thread if you are at least going to try to come. Last month was awesome. We had new members out and even though it was a pretty cold day, we were all warmed by the wonderful heat of burning gun powder and we had an awesome time doing so.

OUR ACTIVITIES: Consist of but are not limited to - sharing knowledge - letting each other experience new platforms or calibers - helping each other zero - running drills - analyzing and breaking down tactics including emulating certain events or shootings that have been publicized for the purpose of understanding the mechanics involved in what went wrong or right and getting a feel for how we would have handled those events and whether or not we have the skillset and mindset to act effectively and proficiently - we help each other solve certain problems we may have with firearms that are malfunctioning - we help each other gain more insight into how we can better setup our weapons as well as how we can better use them - we collect data on loads/velocity/casing pressures/standard deviation/as well as the biological variables such as speed of the draw/first shot/splits/the way in which we hold our weapons/the differing ways we view the sights red dots and targets and how we can tie all of this together to create well rounded and unified system for the purpose of helping each other perform as optimally as one's potential allows in order to protect ourselves loved ones and our fellow Americans... Goes on and on.

THE POINT: We are attempting to build connections and friendships between like minded individuals, utilizing something as important as our natural right to self preservation, for the purpose toward a betterment of our own lives and society. For those of you who may not be looking for long term friendship, or a group to mingle with, come out and have fun anyway. You'll still gain a lot from it and you can go your own way at the end of the day.

!TAKE NOTICE!: Safety is our ABSOLUTE and highest priority. If we can achieve safe and disciplined habits and behaviors, it will serve as a strong foundation that we can confidently build onto as we all advance in this martial art that is firearms and self defense. Should anybody show up and not take safety as serious as we do (they should), will be bluntly asked to leave and will not be welcomed back within the group. Obviously accidents happen and even rare negligence can be forgiven, but a careless attitude toward safety will NOT be tolerated. Being safe does not equate to not having fun, we can have both and still be able to make it back home.

COME AS YOU ARE: All you have is a conceal carry handgun? Cool, bring it. You can shoot our rifles. You want to bring 20 guns you're proud of and a ton of nylon? Cool, let's zero em and train. There is no set bar and there are no expectations other than that you are an honorable person, with good character, and good moral intentions.

There are a lot of photos and video from the last couple of shoots that I've compiled into a short video (link below). If you wish to join us, please respond here, or text 915-790-6771 (me/Jon). Please do not call. If you need to ask questions, or something else requiring a call, please text the purpose for the call and I'll call you from a different number. Hope to see some new faces. Have a great rest of your month and God bless!

Previous meets:

Where do you meet? Wife and I are interested. Thanks

Last edited:

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Where do you meet? Wife and I are interested. Thanks

Hey, thanks for your interest. We can meet at the Love's truck stop at
    3000 Mountain Pass Blvd, Anthony, TX 79821

Please confirm if you decide to go and I'll let you know what time I will be there.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Kinda far for me, but wow! Looks like a lot of fun

If you're within El Paso city limits, we have guys come out from far east and offers are on the table to help with gas. If you have a change of heart, let us know.

EDIT! Oh, shoot I see you're in Houston, hahaha. Well in that case, NO help with gas and you have NO excuses, haha. If you ever come out to west Texas, let us know.

alanwk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    El Paso, TX
    Hey, thanks for your interest. We can meet at the Love's truck stop at
    3000 Mountain Pass Blvd, Anthony, TX 79821

Please confirm if you decide to go and I'll let you know what time I will be there.
    Thanks for your offer to meet. We are planning to attend. Besides the obvious (guns, ammo etc) what do you suggest we bring? Im thinking a table, chairs, water, snacks. Do we need targets? We are seniors (lol). Thanks again.

Last edited:

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Thanks for your offer to meet. We are planning to attend. Besides the obvious (guns, ammo etc) what do you suggest we bring? Im thinking a table, chairs, water, snacks. Do we need targets? We are seniors (lol). Thanks again.

You're welcome to bring whatever you think you may need, but you are more than welcome to everything we have. I do bring a table and it's always full, so another would be great, although it'd be completely fine otherwise. We usually don't bring chairs, but if you two would like to sit, please do. I tend to bring water, soda, and some snacks, but the more the merrier.

If you want shade and have a gazebo, feel free to bring that, and it will be for you two. We are usually fine being in the sun, but it does get pretty taxing. I personally get really burnt sometimes. I took my wife's gazebo once, but then used it to hold the targets down and it became a target as well. Went home tail tucked that day.

Targets. We have plenty, but again, the more the merrier. We set Ted's 6"? gong out to about 90 yards, usually, my stand with 3 steel shapes and clays is usually around 40, and our friend Roland brings a decently sized silhouette, which is usually placed around 20 yards, or so. If you decide to bring targets, we will definitely incorporate them in, and use them however we all come up with. Sometimes one guy might be shooting a target on his own, while two of us may be running some drills. Sometimes we all pay attention to one another and run drills, or really focus on shooting accurately. Other times we may just have fun, BUT we don't tend to waste ammo. We always get a lot out of our ammo. Not that we don't have much, but so far none of us are really the mag dump types. We like our ammo to go toward us learning and becoming more efficient.

Oh, and one of the times we played a game of GAT. It's like the old "horse" basketball game where if one person makes a shot, the next one in line has to make it, or gets a letter. Last one to spell it out, wins. It was a ton of fun.

One thing I forgot to mention is, our good friend Ted has impressed upon us to leave the range looking nicer than we found it. So we always clean it a little. You're not required to help, but if so, please bring a trash bag. We have been picking things up by hand but I think I'm going to bring a rake this next time. Again, please do not feel obligated. We won't talk bad about you, if you didn't help... to your face. Hahaha, seriously though, please only do what you are comfortable with.

Well, it'd be amazing to have you two out. Please feel free to ask further questions, or voice any requests, or concerns.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    My daughter informed me the 14th was mother’s day. My apologies for the ignorance. I can still make but wanted to see if everyone else still could. We can always postpone.

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    I would like to join u all. I’ll keep an eye on the date in case u change from the 14th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I would like to join u all. I’ll keep an eye on the date in case u change from the 14th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'd be nice to have you. I don't have to change the date, and so far, neither do a couple of other guys, so it's looking like it's gonna be the day, but those of us who can, can go out the next Sunday, as well.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    To those of you who are going, if you don't have to change the date, please let me know. I'm good on that day still. Please confirm. If most need to change, we will do the 27th. I'll check back in soon.

Desert Citizen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2023
    El Paso, TX
    Also, how would everyone feel about meeting later in the day? Forecast is in the high 80s for Sunday, but we could meet around 6PM to avoid the hottest part of the day?

Top Bottom