Thankful? Favorite charity to give back.

robertc1024

Staff member
TGT Supporter
Jan 22, 2013
San Marcos
Church - which has found three local charities that are front line - no, or very little staff. Last year, we housed a homeless teenage mom. Not sure if she figured anything out, but helping her was visceral and real. Giving to things close to home is what I like to do.

F350-6

TGT Addict
Lifetime Member
May 25, 2009
Amazone smile goes to the local VFD
USO
Semper Fi Fund
American Legion
Toys for Tots
St Baldricks Foundation (for friends daughter)
National Ovarian Cancer foundation (for sister in law)
and a couple of others I can't recall off the top of my head.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
I generally recommend people find a small, local organization that does good work they can see for themselves. However, that being said, my Smile.Amazon passive giving goes to USA Shooting and I give directly to Mennonite Disaster Service.

Side Note - This thread, more than almost any other, is most assuredly not for throwing around insults, name-calling, or calling out charities you don't like. Right after I post this, I'm going to go through and clean it up.

ETA: Clean-up done. If you're butthurt because your insightful post was deleted, please feel free to keep it to yourself.

ETA2: I encourage folks to go back to their posts and edit them to include links to the charities you name. That would make it easier for people to read about the good causes you've so generously referenced. If anybody needs any help with that, just PM me.

Last edited:

candcallen

Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
Since I cant edit anymore I'll add the links here.

Samaritans Purse.

International Fellowship of Christian's and Jews

Texas Scottish Rite Hospital

Last edited:

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion