• ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Since our Thanksgiving holiday has just passed, maybe this is a tad late, but I got to thinking about it after the 20 some odd people we had for TG dinner have gone, and things have settled down a bit.

Our immediate family used to do the "around the table, what are you thankful for deal", but we've gotten away from that since the family has gotten so big, there's a kiddy table and two adult tables :eek: Our kids knew it was coming so they thought about it for weeks before, so they had something good to say. And it was sometimes tear jerking and sometimes comical.

But that brings me to today, and what the hell am I thankful for...

I am truly blessed. At 66, and scaring the hell out of 67, I'm in pretty good health. Work out 6 days a week, and maybe 5-10 lbs could come off but I'm where I should be according to the charts for my age. My wife is still a beauty in my eyes, and although we've been together for quite a few years, she still gets my motor going. Our kids.. what can I say.. they are all great. Some better than others, but never any drugs, DWI's or any of that sort of thing. We've had to help them out from time to time with some minor money issues, but that's what families are for. Our business that we started 19 years ago is still doing well. Not as much business as in the past due to the economic down turn, but we are still making money and don't hate getting up in the morning to go to work.

So all and all, other than our current POTUS, I've got little I can complain about, and an a lot I'm grateful for.

In the words of Bill O'Reilly.. what say you?

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    My parents came up and spent the week with us. My sister, her husband and his mom were suppose to come but things didn't work out due to illness.

It was just us 4. Nice quiet dinner. It was nice to just hang out with my folks again after being gone for 3 years. It wasn't the regular family things that we had been use to doing at my parents place or grandma's, but it was nice to share the new stuff that we've been blessed with. Got a new-to-us house and trucks. Both relatively healthy, active and productive. Got to go overseas and back home and made good friends. For the most part, it felt like a start more than anything else.

I miss the old stuff for sure. This wasn't the same. But it makes me look forward to the coming years hoping these new things end up as good as the old things are.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I'm thankful for being alive, for my wife, our daughter and son on the way. Our TG day was at our house, my mom didn't have to cok, just show up and enjoy, was nice to give her that. Too bad the rest of te family couldn't be there as well.

Top Bottom