Hurley's Gold

Thanksgiving 2021 what are you thankful for.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Here we are again. What are you thankful for.

A good year health wise. Had a scare with the wife that turned out good.

A full year with no surgery, lol.

God and family and everyone safe.

What more could you ask for?

Happy Thanksgiving.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    The wonderful gift of my twin grandchildren at age 72, long after I had given up hope.

My wife is reconciled with her oldest son after 15 years and he moved to the Dallas area to be close to us

My son and his family left California and moved to Dallas to start a new life here and be close to us.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    1) I’m thankful my loving wife hasn’t divorced my sorry ass. She puts up with alot of, shall we say, “critiques“ from me of current events.
    2) I’m thankful to have another Thanksgiving to celebrate with my mother who is steadily succumbing to Alzheimers
    3) I am thankful for living in Texas - one of the last really free states in the union
    4) I am thankful that so far we have food in the pantry and toilet paper in the bathroom
    5) I am thankful for having a job (for now)
    6) I am thankful for the 17 one-dollar bills I received as change today at Academy. Cinnamon, Sasha, and Bambi will appreciate that too
    7) Refer back to #1

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    5F8D6EC9-4362-4E1E-90A8-76C133C280C4.jpeg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I had guy deliver some firewood the other day. Talk about a down on his luck dude! I needed the wood stacked as I can't do it. This guy shows up and starts stacking. I can see he is hurting. Said a couple calves beat him up the week before at the sales barn. Said the one went over him.

Being the nice I guy I am I get him a beer because I wanted one too. We talk as he works & come to find out he is hand splitting this wood, no power splitter. He had one piece he wanted to make smaller for me because the weight limit in my back. He gets out a 10 pound beater & what looked like an old axe head for a wedge.

As a kid my dad had a wood burning stove to help heat the house. I split plenty a cord of wood for the house. It was a lot of work with a great axe, a couple of good wedges, 20 pound sledge & 20 pound maul. I'm truly grateful to not be in that guys shoes.

I'm really thankful to have an invite that I will go to this year. The wife is doing her family thing & I'll do my thing. Her dog get to spend the day by himself.

I'm grateful that my old women has put up with my shit over 34 years. Shame we are both a couple oldsters.

I'm great for some of the great friends I. have made here

Top Bottom