• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Have you heard about the "undetectable plastic gun"? The gun control lobbies call it is "tailor-made for terrorism." The Washington Post reports that a state sponsor of terrorism is already attempting to obtain these guns. A Postcolumnist warns that the police "vehemently oppose the introduction of plastic guns into our armed society." Newsweek predicts the NRA will face a member revolt for opposing legislation to ban plastic guns: "This time the gun lobby may have shot itself in the foot."

The above is not today's news. It's the news from 1985 to 1988, the years of the first plastic gun panic. The supposed "plastic gun" was the Glock pistol, which contains more than a pound of metal, and is easily identified by metal detectors.

https://reason.com/volokh/2018/08/07/the-1986-plastic-gun-panic

See also https://www.nytimes.com/1986/02/06/opinion/l-the-latest-thing-in-plastic-is-a-handgun-958786.html
    Guns International

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I remember that. It was also going around that the Glock had a ceramic slide. Undetectable they said.

If they don't it with fear. They won't do it at all.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    lets not forget the hysteria over Black Talon and teflon coated ammo

I use to carry that on duty. I saw a bullet that has been shot into a 55 gallon drum of water. It indeed opened up into claws. Nickel case and black coated bullet. The hype/scare of the day. Never understood the Teflon reasoning. Some people freaked out over nunchucks.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Some people think the ability to make my driver's seat scooch back and forth turns my little blue coupe into a main battle tank. (Talking about the hysteria about adjustable stocks).

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I use to carry that on duty. I saw a bullet that has been shot into a 55 gallon drum of water. It indeed opened up into claws. Nickel case and black coated bullet. The hype/scare of the day. Never understood the Teflon reasoning. Some people freaked out over nunchucks.
    I've got a .357 BT bullet that was fired into a water trap. Evil looking.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I've got a .357 BT bullet that was fired into a water trap. Evil looking.

I saw a 9mm. It surprising kept a remarkable shape after hitting water. Opened up perfect. I didn't personally see it fired. It was shown to me.

When I bought the stuff. I walked into a small town gun shop in Belton. Straight told the shop keeper. "I need ammo that'll kill a man".

He turned around, reached to the dusty shelf. Grabbed a box of Winchester Black Talon. Slid it across the counter. Not a frown or a smile. Business. My trusted duty ammo.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Before you laugh at that plastic gun hysteria, let me remind you that the guy who stirred it up was then-Congress-slug Charles Schumer. He managed to get enough name recognition and $$$ from the Left to promote himself to Senator - a title he still retains to this date. This is why you will continue to see Congress-slime on the TV raising hell about "fully semiautomatic weapons" and "cop-killing bullets" and whatever other BS that might give them that same boost into the Elected Forever Senate Seat and all the graft that follows with it.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Before you laugh at that plastic gun hysteria, let me remind you that the guy who stirred it up was then-Congress-slug Charles Schumer. He managed to get enough name recognition and $$$ from the Left to promote himself to Senator - a title he still retains to this date. This is why you will continue to see Congress-slime on the TV raising hell about "fully semiautomatic weapons" and "cop-killing bullets" and whatever other BS that might give them that same boost into the Elected Forever Senate Seat and all the graft that follows with it.

Chuckee, is easy to follow, just look for the trail of slime everywhere he goes. I would like to kick him in the teeth, better still, I would like to see Chuck Norris kick him in the teeth...

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    The guy that was building them and putting the plans out there is on the run for statutory rape. That aside, I remember when the Glock came out, and everyone was frightened of the plastic gun that could somehow get through airport security. Somehow they forgot about the metal slide?

Top Bottom