• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    Just read the piece on a new gun store/range/ class III opening in League City on I45 in Sunday's Chronicle Business Section. I have no business interest here and live NW Harris County; far away.

Any other info on this new class III dealer, try it first dealer or know more about it?

Nice to see class III dealer opening shop at least fairly close. Competition, in this case, is a community positive if the review is accurate. Perhaps Bill James, owner, is a member and willing to fill us in.

May everyone have a safe holiday, remembering that the 4th is not just fireworks and beer.
    Hurley's Gold

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    I have had the pleasure of visiting the current store on 518 a couple of times now and have to say they are about the friendliest folks around. My first visit, the store was full of people and yet I still had at least 3 sales people coming over to try and help me out.

The new store, and BIGGER!, should be opening in a few more weeks, and the indoor gun range sometime in August. (not soon enough)

I now know that any new gun purchases will be made with them!

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Travis and his dad are great guys. They have referred NFA trust business to me so yes . . . I am partial to them.

They have a well stocked store with a wide selection of Title I and Title II items. They offer gun smithing services that will take care of you BRD (BLACK rifle disease).

The move into the larger space with the range will make them the most comprehensive gun store on that side of town other than Texas Tactical (the only other Black Rifle oriented shop down that way- yes, Jenn and her folks are great also).

Pay them a visit and talk to Travis about a suppressor.

ETA: They also come out to my Silencer shoots.

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    It's a long drive but I plan to head down when they open, NFA trust copy in hand.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen.

Kyreb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Houston TX
    I have been eagerly awaiting this place to open its doors. They are located right off I-45 in the old Circuit City building. Word was they would have a state of the art indoor range and a store specializing in all things EBR and tacticool. It is really convenient for us as we are always going back and forth from H-Town to Galveston.

Anyway, I saw they were open and did a quick walk through on Saturday a week ago. I had hoped to function fire a 1911 I had been tuning up for a friend. However, the range was not open yet and the store was still being stocked.

Things I liked: They had a nice supply of EBRs. Lots of SA M1A variants too. They also had several cans in their display case so obviously they are a Class III friendly shop. Handguns looked to be heavy on SIG presently with lots of room still left in the case for other stuff. They also are stocking the Woolrich line of tactical and CC clothing. I have always found that line a lot more durable than 5.11.

The range is still under construction and was off limits to sightseers. I believe they are scheduled to open sometime next week. I also did not check any store prices as I was in a hurry and frankly, had left my glasses at the house.

Normal range fees are going to run $12/hour. They have memberships featuring added benefits but but they are a bit pricey. A "standard" (minimum) membership consists of a $500 fee the first year and $100 renewals thereafter. Plus you still pay a bit reduced fee of $10 per day every time you use the range. To their credit, this membership includes two guest passes per month, a free class, a free rental on your birthday, 5% discount on store purchases. free gun cleanings and other unspecified member "specials".

Anyway, it is a very nice facility and the staff seems knowlegable and friendly. I hope they make a go of it.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I checked the place out day before yesterday and it is probably the premier store/Range in Texas.

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    You got my attention Sean. May have to swallow hard and make the long drive from NW Harris County. Appreciate all the info from everybody.

It's funny how online chat has changed the way business is now done. 15 years ago you would look a place up in the phone book drive two hours and hope for the best.

EW 1066

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Santa Fe
    The drive will be well worth it. Travis and his crew were recommended to me by a friend, when I decided it was time to build an AR. I can say without a doubt that these guys are 100% geared towards the customer, and the growth of their business in this bad economy is a direct reflection of that dedication.

Case in point. I was building my AR and was trying to make a decision about the barrel. I went in to ask some questions about chrome lined versus non chrome lined and twist rates. During the conversation I mentioned the Daniels Defense barrel that Brownells and others were selling for $169.00. Bare in mind that I was asking advice,I was on a budget, and was willing to take his advice if he said that that barrel was crap. Travis told me to buy the DD barrel because he didn't have anything that he could sell that was as good as that barrel at that price.

Travis made a customer for life that day. I really can't say enough good things about the guys at "The Arms Room".

Vince

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    I'm maybe 5 minutes from there (depending on how I catch the lights). Friendly folks. Indoor range is pretty nice as well. The MUCH better half got to rent a SIG P238 there. Wish they had a PK 380 for her to try out for comparison.

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    I'm maybe 5 minutes from there (depending on how I catch the lights). Friendly folks. Indoor range is pretty nice as well. The MUCH better half got to rent a SIG P238 there. Wish they had a PK 380 for her to try out for comparison.

We might be close enough to spit on each other. :)

I wasn't sure if the range was open yet, but driving by yesterday morning (8:30am) there seemed to be a few cars already in the lot.

Guess I'll have to go check it out.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    I used to live in San Leon until Ike chased us out. Was on 9th between Bayshore and the bay. Within earshot of Waynos, and walking distance of Gilhouleys.

But the range is open. $12/hour for range fee. We paid $10 to rent a P238. Nice folks there too.

mgh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Iola/College Station, Texas
    Yes, the Arms Room is a great range. I just recently re-applied for my CHL and took the class room from them. Great group of folks. My 21 year old daughter wanted to go shoot and we went there on a Sunday, and I belive she's hooked, at 21 feet she was putting down a series of 4" groupings with my ruger MK3 22LR, for her first time not to bad.

I have a Colt MK4 SS Officer 45 that I carried in 96' and am looking to get a 9mm for a summer carry, but just haven't made up my mind on what make and model, any suggestions?

Top Bottom