Join TexasGunTalk

The best deep concealment/pocket gun?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Maverick44, Jun 23, 2019.

1. skfullen

skfullen In the woods... TGT Supporter

Just an FYI, Bond now offers "Rough and Ready" versions for about half the price of the shiny originals.

seeker_two likes this.
  2. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
  3. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Those are some of the sweetest shooting micro guns! I just can't see going with a .32 when there are 9mm options that aren't much bigger.

WT_Foxtrot likes this.
  4. HKShooter65

HKShooter65 Well-Known

Yay. Another Rorbaugh appreciator!!

Kudos.

Reinz likes this.
  5. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Link to those pimpass grips, please.

6. Kar98

Kar98 TGT Addict

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Yet there are plenty of completely concealable micro guns in more effective calibers. The P938/Micro 9 - P238/Micro .380 variants got mentioned in this thread many times. Metallurgy science sure has advanced since the days when a .32 or or .25 was considered a usable round. Meaning they can make handguns the same size but much more powerful these days.

Pops1955 likes this.
  7. dsgrey

dsgrey Active Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    KelTec P32 with laser I carry in gym shorts or on the waistband since it has a metal side clip. Next size larger is a Kahr CW380 with laser that easily carries in jeans.

8. Maverick44

Maverick44 Certified All-American Gun Nut

May 5, 2016
    NE Texas
    Generally, I avoid carrying anything less powerful than a 380 acp. From my own experience, 32 acp is dubious as a self defense cartridge. I've used it to dispatch small critters around my property, and was far from impressed. Granted, this was with a lead round nose bullet that was a bit heavier than you'd typically load for 32 acp, but I am doubtful that a lighter, somewhat faster hollow point would improve performance a great deal, especial when you're going from dispatching rats and snakes to defending yourself against a 200lb man.

This is coming from a worst case scenario point of view. If you have a determined attacker that will not be dissuaded by the presence of a gun, or a non-debilitating shot, then I'm not too comfortable with 32 acp. I prepare for the worse, and hope for the best. From what I understand, most cases are not like that and a 32 acp would be sufficient in these cases. Cases where the mere presence of a gun dissuades a potential attacker, or in which a wound, whether lethal or not, causes an attacker to either flee or to at least stop attacking. I believe these types of situations make up the majority of self defense cases. Like I said though, I prepare for the worse, and hope for the best.

TLDR: 32 acp is a good deterrent and certainly better than nothing, but I'm not confident in it's ability to perform.

rsc and TxStetson like this.
  9. DyeF9

DyeF9 In Thrust We Trust TGT Supporter

Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    I like my Walther PPS and p938 for concealment. Neither really print, but I don't carry pocket either. Have too many other things I require in the pockets for work and edc

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Kar98 likes this.
  10. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Colt Defender (45 ACP!)! :banana:

studenygreg likes this.