• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Found this in reference to another subject, but seems to fit ARs especially, like 80% lowers, and "I want to build a...".

Dunning_Kruger_Effect.png

I think it is derived from 'A glass is half empty, or half full', or 'The little engine that could', or 'Suck it up Sunshine', and maybe more.

JandK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2021
    Cherokee County
    The shooting community is growing and there is a plethora of new gun owners who want to build Jsoc look alike rifles which is fine. Although most don't know what purpose or roles what they are building them for. Lack of knowledge leads to purchase of junk,useless parts and what not. This chart could represent kit also,as the minuteman movement is growing I'm seeing all kinds of no go kits for what roles most would play in that event. It's lack of knowledge and oh that's neat.
    Then there's the guy who goes down the aisle of aut parts store and buys that stick on chrome garbage to turn a beautiful truck into obnoxious shit. This is typically the guy who feels compelled to utilize every mlock slot on the handgaurd or run 45°offset iron sight accompanied by 45°offset red dot. Typed off with a 3x9 scope and 16 barrel. All that just incase he needs to stack up or be dm.
    Is this what your chart is expressing?

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Yeah, pretty much.

But it's not my chart, I copied it from a performance automotive site, and seems to fit many other fields.
    Was watching an episode of Forged, in Fire last night, and there seems to be a lot of knife makers are in the early stage of their trade, at the peak of Mt. Stupid, and after many years of building, developing, manufacturing little odds & ends for firearms, autos, and hobby stuff, it is something I recognize, and agree with.

Here is the link from where I found it, and the read is worth it: Dunning-Kruger Effect

And those who care, it, and the people who will argue that the sky is really falling, and the earth is really flat, should just be ignored, because trying to convince them otherwise is a lost cause. Proverbs 9:8 & Proverbs 23:9

Both address trying to correct people at the summit of Mt. Stupid, and they think that they know everything, until the fall off a cliff.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    And those who care, it, and the people who will argue that the sky is really falling, and the earth is really flat, should just be ignored, because trying to convince them otherwise is a lost cause. Proverbs 9:8 & Proverbs 23:9

Does this also go for dealing with all the evangelicals proclaiming the end is near (been living with that since Sunday school in the late 60s) or that the country is on the brink of revolution (also been hearing about that since the late 60s)?

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Not every gun needs to be set up for fighting, not every thing you need to put on an ar needs hours of research or experimentation to find out if it "works".

We're still allowed to have fun.

As far as "clones" go, i may be a bit biased here, but if you clone an M4 or M16, you are going to own a replica of the most effective combat rifles ever to be fielded. It may out of date, but you aren't going to be killed in the streets just because you have a quad rail and acog vs mlok handguard and eotech and magnifier mounted 3" off your bore

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Not every gun needs to be set up for fighting, not every thing you need to put on an ar needs hours of research or experimentation to find out if it "works".

We're still allowed to have fun.

As far as "clones" go, i may be a bit biased here, but if you clone an M4 or M16, you are going to own a replica of the most effective combat rifles ever to be fielded. It may out of date, but you aren't going to be killed in the streets just because you have a quad rail and acog vs mlok handguard and eotech and magnifier mounted 3" off your bore
    Exactly

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom