• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I have been talking to my MIL who is in her 80's about voting. He doesn't know if she is registered so we need to get that fixed. Her husband was a stout Republican and voted in every election. This guy was a WW2vet and saw action in the war. He loved his country and brought his wife along to vote. Now that he is gone (RIP Ernie) is wife doesn't go to vote.

I am working to get her out there and have been pushing to find ALL of her Republican frineds to get out there too. I am offering rides to get them there and will assist as far as I can. A little less time bitching on the forums and a lot more time on getting Republicans voters to the polls.

If you guys have anyone in your life like this we need their votes. Get them registered and take them out to vote!
    Capitol Armory ad

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    As a senior myself I find in my area it is predominately old folks who vote missing are the 20-35 crowd, but I agree we need to remind and help anyone who wants to vote.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    My 91 year old mother votes in every election. It is hard to pin her down on who she will vote for. She refuses to vote "straight party ticket."

Her votes generally go to the "nicest" candidate, not necessarily the best candidate.

As for me, I always vote for the "War Party."

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As soon as I turned 21 I registered to vote. That was the year, 1971, that they passed the 26th Amendment lowering the voting age to 18. I'm 64 and I still vote. My parents never registered and never voted. I would have thought that at least my Father would have registered, having spent 30 years in the Marine Corps and fought in WW II in the Pacific and fought in Korea with then Col. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, including being at Chosin Reservoir. 2 tours of duty in Vietnam as well. But he never registered and never voted. My Mom didn't vote, either. She said she never followed politics and wouldn't know who to vote for.

I see a lot of my fellow "old farts" at the polls but as others have noted, not a lot of the "younger" crowd.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    At my early voting location, I finished up just ahead of this little old lady. As we were walking out our conversation started at the door with her thanking me for holding it open. From that point we were chit chatting as we walked towards our cars, the whole time you could plainly see she was trying to determine which way I cast my ballot. I think she was pretty pleased with the outcome of our little conversation, as was I :)

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I haven't voted yet but I stopped at the polling location to pick up a sample ballot. I have my NRA recommended list and will research any others whom I may be unsure of. Only candidates who are approved by Second Amendment groups will get my vote.

I was an abstainer regarding politics. I felt that we didn't have a choice, anyway so what's the use? That attitude is EXACTLY why Liberal Progressives wrenched power in our government. There are millions of voters like me who are now awake, alert and mad as hell!

I will vote if I need to crawl to the polls!

Flash

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I haven't voted yet but I stopped at the polling location to pick up a sample ballot. I have my NRA recommended list and will research any others whom I may be unsure of. Only candidates who are approved by Second Amendment groups will get my vote.

I was an abstainer regarding politics. I felt that we didn't have a choice, anyway so what's the use? That attitude is EXACTLY why Liberal Progressives wrenched power in our government. There are millions of voters like me who are now awake, alert and mad as hell!

I will vote if I need to crawl to the polls!

Flash
    Every seat in your car should be filled with an equally mad Conservative voter when you leave for the polls

mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    We early voted on Thursday, George P. Bush did not get my vote because I have had enough of the progressive Bush family including him and his daddy Jeb. If people believed a third party candidate could win many would, I won't name names because the Media is so good at making good candidates sound like nut cases or totally unqualified!

Top Bottom