Join TexasGunTalk

The enabler at TRSA

Discussion in 'TSRA' started by gshayd, Aug 2, 2019.

1. gshayd

gshayd Ugliest house on the block.

Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Alice Tripp is an enabler for Bonnen. No money for Texas State Rifle Association as long as she is there.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  2. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Terminal Radar Service Area?

96fordsix, toddnjoyce and BRD@66 like this.
  3. gshayd

Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    when you are a disabled retired veteran with a bad right hand sometimes things happen.

4. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Alice is in the process of retiring. Didn't always agree with her - some of our disagreements were pretty damned spectacular - but she knows who the players are, to give the devil her due.

So, anyway - fire up that checkbook, scooter! lol

5. gshayd

Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    like Bonnen? Just joined Texas Gun Rights as they seem to be the only no-compromise gun rights organization in Texas at the moment. Never give the devil any due or he will turn around and bite you in the arse. Alice just threw us under the bus. I did fire up the checkbook...not to TSRA

birddog, jordanmills and roadrunner like this.
  6. TexasRedneck

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Ah - okay - you're here to bash.....got it. I have no issue w/TGR, they're a focused-issue group, which is cool. I'm trying to look more at the big picture, which can become convoluted at times (to say the least). But rather than bash one group vs another, why not talk about the things you like about one group and save the negative hyperbole for the snowflakes.......

7. Sublime

Sublime Active Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    I emailed her and told her the same thing. Her replies were professional enuff but always with excuses. I did register for the NRA CC expo coming to FtW in September but they have not seen me donate in awhile despite my next level up life member status.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

8. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Quit TSRA a few years back when Alice Tripp wrote, supported and got passed an anti-hunting bill (basically it required more acreage to hunt on, thus reducing the places you could legally hunt) and the defended it. TSRA has literally done nothing for Texas gun owners since OC in 2015. More disgusted with TSRA than NRA if you could believe it.

9. gshayd

Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    No bashing intended. Constitutional carry should be a no brainer for the TSRA. Other states have passed it and Texas is still without it? The TSRA is silent on Bonnen and even enabling his lies. No bashing just the truth. The TSRA needs some changes. If the big picture includes throwing Texans who support Constitutional Carry under the bus then count me out. Tripp even tried to paint the organization as a bunch of fringe radicals. If someone at the TSRA with cajones kicks her out and changes course and denounces Bonnen for what he is I might join. I am tired of organizations that have two faces on the issue of firearms. I am a life member of the NRA and I have shut the money spigot off to them till there are some resignations and changes.

seeker_two, dogbone, birddog and 3 others like this.
  10. TexasRedneck

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    TSRA has pushed for CC for the past several sessions. We had it heading for the "win" column, but unfortunately some of the other pro-CC forces decided to try some "muscle" in the capital, and it torpedoed the efforts. Their hearts were in the right place, but it set us back several sessions, unfortunately. It's still something being worked on. You speak of throwing people under the bus - that's just what you're doing w/the TSRA. There's been a number of us working from the inside to change things - I'll point out that for the first time last year, TSRA publicly stated going into the session that it was our intent to push for CC. Did we (and others) get screwed? Yeah, IMO we did. Having said that, we also have to deal with those that are elected - only their constituents can change who is sent. You really should spend some time with TSRA members and see what the core group is working towards - it's not nearly as quick as ANY of us would like, but we are making progress - and there's more to come. By the same token, Alice did a LOT of good over the years, and there have been times when she's even told us - you won't like this any more than *I* do, but either we go with this or we get *nothing*. Sorry - I'll take a minor advance over a setback, and come back to fight another day.

motorcarman, outdare and Davetex like this.