• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    I've only been to the one in New Braunfels. So I can only imagine how much better the original one in llano is. The wife and I will drive 3 hrs just to eat at Cooper's
    DK Firearms

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Totally worth the gorgeous hill country drive out to Llano, even better on a bike. I know they got a Cooper's in Junction, but it's different and not affiliated with the one in Llano. Good but not the same, and not as good. They didn't have one in New Braunfels back when I was in that neck of the woods. I'm gonna be back in San Marcos some time within the next 6 months, I'll have to check it out. Fuschack's ain't bad for a quick fix if you're in SM. They gotta mean baked potato. All I got around here is Rudy's, and I'm pretty lucky to have that.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I put it on the same level of legendary Texas grub as Cooper's BBQ in Llano, and Kruez Market or Black's in Lockhart. That's the highest praise in my book.
    Mmmm...my mouth is watering at the mention of those. Some of the best food I've ever eaten.

Is there a legitimate reason we still practice Daylight Savings Time? To my knowledge DST was implemented to give farmers and the agricultural community more daylight hours for harvest before the revolution of artificial lighting. With modern lighting and all the other advancements, does DST still serve a real purpose? Just curious.

On the topic of Thanksgiving...I haven't made any plans yet. Chances are I'll spend the morning and evening out hunting with a break for some grub and some football in there. As far as I know we aren't having any big family holiday and may try to avoid it if one suddenly comes together. I just found out the other day that my grandmother plans to move back in with my grandfather that she decided to divorce and rip-off a little over a year ago. She was never the greatest grandparent growing up and I have been unable to really speak to her after the way she screwed over my grandfather with the divorce and aftermath. Of course now macshooter has me rethinking my plans and considering a trip to one of the restaurants he mentioned.

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    Rudy's is good, but still doesn't compare. I've only been there one time.
    Nathan's in Brenham is also decent/good. If y'all are ever in the area.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    ... The folks at Kreuz will smack you if you ask them for BQQ sauce...

With the way i grew up eating the meats my father cooked and now the way i cook them, the only use i have ever had for BBQ sauce was to cover up the taste of meat that someone else cooked wrong. But that's just me, if the meat is cook right you dont need a sauce to drown it out.

recoveringyankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Jollyville, TX
    DST, is really just a political thing these days I think, the energy saveings that some claim it provids seem a little far fetched to me. I do like having more sun time in the evening though.

As far as steak in Austin, I have been to "Austin Land an Cattle" a few times, no not that "Texas land and cattle" chain. Austin land and Cattle is a single location at Lamar down where Shoal creek crosses. I really liked the meals I have had there.

Top Bottom