• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm not reading the article because I'm pretty sure I know what it's about.

An obscenely priced and overly complicated system designed to prevent a firearm from discharging unless the user has a special bracelet/watch/ring.

At least one state has a law in place stating once this type of system hits the market all firearms sold must have the device. This means a .22 pistol would cost a couple grand. Pretty much pricing 95% of gun owners out of gun ownership.

I side with the NRA.

Sorry if I'm off base, my blood pressure can't handle MSNBC lies, slants, and garbage right now.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Yeah, we've discussed that at length several times on here already. I think it goes without saying why the gun community (not just the NRA) is opposed.

And, IIRC a FFL in Cali got excoriated over his decision to push them as he well should have been.

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    I'm not reading the article because I'm pretty sure I know what it's about.

An obscenely priced and overly complicated system designed to prevent a firearm from discharging unless the user has a special bracelet/watch/ring.

At least one state has a law in place stating once this type of system hits the market all firearms sold must have the device. This means a .22 pistol would cost a couple grand. Pretty much pricing 95% of gun owners out of gun ownership.

I side with the NRA.

Sorry if I'm off base, my blood pressure can't handle MSNBC lies, slants, and garbage right now.

yeah thats probably smart mine went high enough for both of us to need medication. lol

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The "Smart" firearm is the Liberal dream of making a gun that can outsmart the owner. The concept is typical of Liberal utopia dreams and making or buying that type of firearm is a concession to their way of thinking.

It's probably a waste of time to oppose this concept. Only the worst idiot Libtard would buy one and there won't be enough sales to sustain it, anyway.

Flash

Gilgondorin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    San Antonio
    It's probably a waste of time to oppose this concept. Only the worst idiot Libtard would buy one and there won't be enough sales to sustain it, anyway.

Ironically enough, we could have said the same thing about Obama care back in 2009. And they expected it, which is where the "Buy insurance or be taxed to hell!" clause in the law comes from. They have to win to feel better about themselves SOMEHOW....

In any event, someone just posted this link to Forbes:

Why You Should Be Concerned About The New 'Smart Guns' (Whether You Love Or Hate Guns) - Forbes

While I don't read Forbes, I'm pleasantly surprised to see common sense beginning to take hold.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    [

Now I've never stepped foot in this section of the forum, but y'all understand I'm going to be watching the ensuing discussion with keen interest.

:popcorn:

I find this odd. Is there a reason we should be concerned you will be "watching the ensuing discussion with keen interest"? Should we take note?

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    MSNBC?

They have 0 (ZERO) credibility. Pure propaganda masquerading as journalism....

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I say introduce this gun to market. When sales stay at less than 2% of total firearms sold and traded the manufacturer will go away, probably to manufacture a safe knife or safe car or some other garbage idea that is fatally flawed without help from crony capitalism.
    The 2nd amendment can't be stepped on to help further this failed idea. Know any cops that would trade in to grab one of these? No. No1 will bet their life to beta test an expensive toy.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I say introduce this gun to market. When sales stay at less than 2% of total firearms sold and traded the manufacturer will go away, probably to manufacture a safe knife or safe car or some other garbage idea that is fatally flawed without help from crony capitalism.
    The 2nd amendment can't be stepped on to help further this failed idea. Know any cops that would trade in to grab one of these? No. No1 will bet their life to beta test an expensive toy.

In sure Obama would jump on it as a "taxpayer investment" and dump tens on millions in to it while applauding its great success up to the day it files bankruptcy and the owner walks with hundred dollar bills sticking out of his pockets.

Then he would blame the tea party and racism.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA

exactly. just another part to **** up. In a life or death situation I don't want to bet my survival on a half-dead battery or faulty circuitry, etc.

Last edited:

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Another thing-
    you make a smart gun, chances are it will have some GPS tracking, so they will effectively have a gun registry and your location on file. No thank you.

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    Another thing-
    you make a smart gun, chances are it will have some GPS tracking, so they will effectively have a gun registry and your location on file. No thank you.

No need to go door to door to confiscate them. just send out an EMP and then the guns are bricks..

Top Bottom