The "I am probably moving to Corpus" thread....so tell me stuff.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexYid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2019
    Coastal Bend
    It looks like I am moving to Corpus next year and it will be long term.

What should I know about living in Corpus? The good, the bad and the ugly?

Tell me about your love and hate for the Corpus area.

I was there recently and ate at Kikos (not bad, I would eat there again) And the Republic Steak House (as good as any good steak place but the view....faaaaaaaantastic)
    Gun Zone Deals

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    I grew up in Portland. It's right across the bridge from CC. 10 minutes from downtown. If you have kids that's where I would move. Gregory-Portland ISD is much better than CCISD. Astor steak house in CC is a must visit. Close to Port Aransas and Padre Island so if you like fishing you'll love it. Lots of farming and Industrial workers. Valero has a huge refinery located there. I enjoyed living down there and I think you will to. If you have anything specific you'd like to ask let me know. Good luck!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    If it is anything like it was when I was working down there the last couple of weeks after hurricane Harvey , I would avoid the area around the Ben Garza Rec Center like it had the plague.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I could write a book on Corpus. There is much to love, and much to not love. The roads are terrible and the local government just doesnt care.

For an indoor range make the drive to Rockport to Aransas Firearms. A member here own it. He always has a pot of coffee on, has a clean range with no bangers present and is a genuinely good guy. Avoid the Sharpshooter in Corpus.

Are you a house or apartment dweller? I can suggest areas for both.

It is kind of a dirty town. I have never been to a city that has more dirty diapers thrown down in parking lots...trash left around, etc. The humidity is miserable, but you grow to tolerate it.

There is an A&M campus there and a Navy basic flight school. The area economy is booming, industry is pouring in.

TexYid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2019
    Coastal Bend
    I could write a book on Corpus. There is much to love, and much to not love. The roads are terrible and the local government just doesnt care.

For an indoor range make the drive to Rockport to Aransas Firearms. A member here own it. He always has a pot of coffee on, has a clean range with no bangers present and is a genuinely good guy. Avoid the Sharpshooter in Corpus.

Are you a house or apartment dweller? I can suggest areas for both.

It is kind of a dirty town. I have never been to a city that has more dirty diapers thrown down in parking lots...trash left around, etc. The humidity is miserable, but you grow to tolerate it.

There is an A&M campus there and a Navy basic flight school. The area economy is booming, industry is pouring in.

I have not heard of that range, awesome!

We are house people. Looking at the very top of the market. We explored some areas with a realtor. Ocean drive. Along the Oso and some more rural estates.

I can survive the humidity. Being a Texan, I have been vacationing in The corpus area all my life. I just never thought I would live there. :)

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    It is kind of a dirty town. I have never been to a city that has more dirty diapers thrown down in parking lots...

Parking lot burrito's..............

Heck yes, come on out to Rockport sometime......shoot some, grab lunch and lots of small shops for the ladies.............

and TXI exaggerates about me being a good guy....lol......I miss having coffee and our worldly discussions with him......

TexYid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2019
    Coastal Bend
    Parking lot burrito's..............

Heck yes, come on out to Rockport sometime......shoot some, grab lunch and lots of small shops for the ladies.............

and TXI exaggerates about me being a good guy....lol......I miss having coffee and our worldly discussions with him......

In San Antonio we do a monthly lunch. Those poor folks have to put up with me :). They are sending me to corpus to be rid of me.

It is not 100% official yet....but will probably be within the next few weeks. It would happen next summer and be long term.

We would essentially be showing up to grow old and without really knowing anyone. (Wife early 30s me mid 40s)

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Ive spent some time fishing down there over the years. It seems its always windy down there.
    Ive always enjoyed the Flour Bluff area.

Edit: But Mustang Island would be my home if i moved down there.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom