• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    I ordered a Savage Bear Hunter from BudsGuns on Feb 28th, which they claimed to be "in stock". The rifle has been in the "Shipping" Dept. since 03/07. I sent them an email couple days ago, requesting the shipping status of my order; I've yet heard from them. With my past experience, BudsGuns has been pretty good...
    In recent weeks or months, has anyone purchased from Buds or other online dealers and have this same delays? I figured that the ARs or tactical weapons would be in strong demand, but not so much on bolt action rifles...

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I *think* that Buds has some guns in stock and some that they list as in stock that they normally get really quick. You can tell the difference as to whether it is marked FT or not. My guess is yours is not an FT and there was a hiccup.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I *think* that Buds has some guns in stock and some that they list as in stock that they normally get really quick. You can tell the difference as to whether it is marked FT or not. My guess is yours is not an FT and there was a hiccup.

I agree, the last time, they sent me a gun from Minnesota.

ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    Here's their link to the rifle:
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/71459/Savage+116BH+300+WIN

Maybe you can see something that I don't....It shows "In-Lex".

I can understand if they are waiting on a shipment to come in, but over 5+ business days to be in shipping? Seems a little excessive, as well, still no reply from the email I sent. I did receive a confirmation that they rec'd my email. I guess the days of picking up a phone and calling someone are going away...

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Here's their link to the rifle:
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/71459/Savage+116BH+300+WIN

Maybe you can see something that I don't....It shows "In-Lex".

I can understand if they are waiting on a shipment to come in, but over 5+ business days to be in shipping? Seems a little excessive, as well, still no reply from the email I sent. I did receive a confirmation that they rec'd my email. I guess the days of picking up a phone and calling someone are going away...

When I sent an email. They took a week to get back on that one too...

GoofyCracker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Houston
    If you use the option to let them ACH debit the money it takes forever I always go that route over the 3% markup with a CC..

I have purchased several times from Buds but the wait time is kinda annoying I have started using Gun Broker and other sources lately

ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    I always pay with a c/c. I prefer having the security of the cc vs. a debit. I'll try calling them today and see what response I get. In the past, they've been good and heard several people have good service from Buds. I'm hoping my order did fall into some limbo crack somewhere... (A bimbo's crack, well that will be a different story!)...

ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    Wait...you bought from 'em to save $$$, right?

Price, quality, speed.

Pick any two.

<G>

Like I said earlier, I've had good experience with them in the past. That's the primary reason why I bought this rifle from them vs somewhere else that was actually cheaper... Don't get me wrong, I understand with the increase of demand to expect delays. I was wondering if my order was just an isolated issue, or if BudsGuns service is over all going down??

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Like I said earlier, I've had good experience with them in the past. That's the primary reason why I bought this rifle from them vs somewhere else that was actually cheaper... Don't get me wrong, I understand with the increase of demand to expect delays. I was wondering if my order was just an isolated issue, or if BudsGuns service is over all going down??

They're having some issues, they've sent me emails apologizing, their website has crashed too.

This notice is being sent to all customers who recently placed an order with www.budsgunshop.com and may not necessarily apply to your order.

If you are not already aware of what is going on in the firearms industry, there is no doubt you soon will be via the media. Our sales in the month of February were over FIVE TIMES what they were back in February 2009 following the last presidential election...and you may recall those were some pretty crazy times ! We did plan for 2012 to be another challenging election year....but we admittedly did not plan for this level of volume, and definitely not this early in the year !

Although your order may not have experienced a delay, we would like to apologize to anyone who has, or is currently, experiencing a delay in shipping. Our order volume unexpectedly skyrocketed in February, far beyond our capacity to process and ship. We immediately began the process of expanding our facilities, adding additional staff, and working extended hours...but those efforts are just now starting to pay off.

The good news is that we are starting to get back on top of things. We are currently shipping out more orders each day that what we are taking in, so it is now just a matter of clearing the backlog that was created in February. Since Monday we have been able to ship out 300 more guns than what we sold during that same time....so the backlog should be cleared shortly at this rate. We are shipping oldest orders first (first in - first out) so clearing this backlog will cause some newer orders to ship closer to the "7" in our advertised "3 to 7 business days" terms. Many repeat customers were so use to us shipping in 3 days they started to get concerned when their order had not shipped in 5 days...even though we were well within our "3 to 7 business days" terms. Also, "business days" refers to Monday-Friday only, as neither UPS or USPS pick up packages at our warehouse on weekends.

We sincerely apologize if you experienced a delay and assure you we are continuing to do everything we possibly can to prevent future delays. We have also suspended all cancellation fees for any delayed orders. If you order has been delayed, and you prefer to cancel your order at this time....we will be glad to accommodate that request with absolutely no fees....we need more guns anyway !

We appreciate the business and commit to do a better job next time if given the opportunity.

Kind Regards,

Team Buds

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    I got the same email. It to 8 days to process my order for a gun that was instock and paid with my cc. On the 8th day I got ahold of a manager and was like wth? Needless to say my order was shipped that day.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    Well, after spending about 15 mins on the phone trying to talk to a live person. The guy told me that my order was put on "emergency stop", due to "The order was so old". Then he asks "Do you still want it?". After a few times of putting me on hold, he asks again "Did you ever call or send an email to put this order on hold?" I explained that I still want the rifle and that I sent them an email asking the status of my order. He puts me back on hold and comes back, apologizes for the inconveince and will get have it shipped out Thursday... I asked again, "why on emergency stop". He had no clue why.... ugh!

Top Bottom