The most incredible sense of speed

Discussion in 'Automotive / Motorcycle Chat' started by SIG_Fiend, Sep 9, 2009.

1. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    YouTube - Porsche 956 - Old Le Mans (On Board) *Good Sound*

[​IMG]

Porsche is still, by far, my favorite sports car company of all time. The car in the vid is a Porsche 956, course is the La Sarthe circuit (what everyone thinks of as "LeMans"). Notable points in the vid are 0:30 (the rollercoaster ride down the Mulsanne straight begins), 1:39 (insanely out-braking a 911).

2. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Dude... you need to ride a sport bike someday. Nothing like having your ass hanging out in the wind to give you a sensation of speed.

I'd hop into that 956 and hit the track without much hesitation. I'd do poorly, I'm sure, but I'd be able to keep it together.

You couldn't convince me to try racing a liter bike...

3. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Well, I meant on 4 wheels. Bikes are a given as the "ultimate". ;) lol

4. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    They call them "liter bike" for a reason, If you wreck all that is left is the liter from the bike. LOL! Good video Sig_Fiend.

5. Shriker

Shriker New Member

Aug 3, 2008
    That is a great vid....Porche is indeed a fine mark....

Bikes are definitely the most exilerating . Comparing the top bikes to even the most amazing cars available today is interesting....bikes have soooo much more power to weight.

Dont forget ....racing cars on certain levels match or EXCEED the acceleration of the top bikes today AND are much more aerodynamic and have FAR more rubber on the ground for their weight....in other words, MUCH faster around a track.

Dont get me wrong , I am a life long motorcycle enthusiast having owned and raced many.....but cars have inherent advantages.......especially at higher speeds.

NOTHING however can match the kind of ability it takes to ride a fast bike at a fast pace ....very little margin for error.