• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RDM

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    We gotta have something for plinker's right?

I'll have to come back and edit this later and throw in a photo of my plinker

I have a Marlin 917VR, its a .17 HMR so its always fun to bring out
    Venture Surplus ad

WyattT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    if i knew how to post pictures id post some of my favorite, the Erma EM-1 .22lr carbine. it looks like a m1 carbine and has a 15rd detachable magazine. direct blowback action. the only issue is that its essentially impossible to dissasemble the action for cleaning unless you trust yourself with punches.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    if i knew how to post pictures id post some of my favorite, the Erma EM-1 .22lr carbine. it looks like a m1 carbine and has a 15rd detachable magazine. direct blowback action. the only issue is that its essentially impossible to dissasemble the action for cleaning unless you trust yourself with punches.

You can use these for example:

URL is the address.

OR

You can attach them. When you post something use the Reply button rather than the Quick Reply box below. Below the text box where you type your reply are "Additional Options". In that list is "Attach Files", click on "Manage Attachments" and it will allow you to add a file from your computer.

ironman45693

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Austin
    One night, I turned $5 into about $120 on a roulette table, then dropped down to about $95. I promptly cashed out for the night. The next day I went to Wally World and bought a Mossberg Plinkster for about $95 just to have a cheap ,22lr. Looking back, I wish I would have added the little bit more to get a Ruger 10/22 because there is so much cool after market stuff for them. Maybe one day when I'm feeling frivolous, I'll buy one. It will be hard to buy a gun that is not an Hk, so it'll have to be a good deal.

ambidextrous1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I escaped from Kalifornia, I sold my tricked-out 10-22 for several hundred dollars to a friend who is delighted with it.

I brought my old Mossberg 151M to Texas. It shoots one hole groups 80% of the time at 25 yards, and dime-size groups at 50 yards in 'no wind' or 'light breeze' conditions.

Not bad for a rifle that's 60 years old. I'm not its first owner.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I've got a Marlin .22 bolt-action. I bought it about 5 years ago, it was my first firearm. I had a cheap (we're talking $25) BSA rimfire scope on it for a while. The scope finally conked out, but it is still fun to shoot cans at about 100 yards with. It has slain a few rabbits and some pests.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I had an old iver johnson m1 copy that was a 22.It was a fun rifle.I also had the intertec scorpion 22 that was also a neat little gun.Wish I had them back.:(

SO758

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Central TX
    I had an old iver johnson m1 copy that was a 22.It was a fun rifle.I also had the intertec scorpion 22 that was also a neat little gun.Wish I had them back.:([/quote

I would so love to have one of those M1 copy's in .22. Have not seen one around in a long time.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Better Late than Never

Just looking through the old threads and saw this. You gotta have a few 22's in your collection so here's mine.

Rifles- Ruger 10/22 Target, Taurus 63, Browning Buckmark Sporter, 2-Marlin 60's and a couple of Marlin/Western Auto Bolt Actions.
    22WMR's- Savage 93, Erma Werke (9422 copy)
    Pistols- Browning Buckmark, Heritage 22-22WMR

It's hard to have more fun than setting around with friends plinking 22's all day long,and easy on your wallet to boot!

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Rifles: Ruger 10/22, SS and Winchester model 290.
    Pistols: Ruger Mark III, NEF #92(9 shot revolver),
    Heritage Arms .17HMR revolver

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Plinking rifle:
    Ruger 10/22
    Green Mountain 20" barrel
    Fajen DIY stock
    Leupold rings and base
    Bushnell 4200 Elite 6-24x42 scope
    extended mag release
    bolt release slide lock
    had the trigger and internals smoothed out some

IMG_2780.jpg

Ruger Mk II
    Idaho Tactical Solutions Pac Lite upper
    adjustable target sites
    also have a clamp on rail and red dot for it when I'm feeling tacticool

IMG_2829.jpg

Those are my plinkers. I've been looking at getting another 10/22 or 5 to convert into some other things, a .17 of some sort, and then a nice little plining .22 handgun of some sort for my son when he is old enough.

Malladus

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I have a Ruger 10/22 for plinking. I love sitting there blowing through ammo. It's cheap and fun.

I'd like to add a semi-auto .22 pistol for my next trip to the ranch. I don't know if my wife will go for it, as I just bought another HK in .45. I know they are different animals, but she is beginning to think we have enough pistols.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom