• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Going through different firearms in my collection, I brought out my Sig P220. It was one of the earlier pistols I bought. One truly liked overall. I was into .357’s and .45’s. I got rid of an early Glock 21 as it was just bulky and bland (I did get another Gen 2 a few years later when they came out with adjustable sights). Texas DPS and a few others were using the P220, and after talking with a few of them I got one (they said the P226 was an option, but almost every one of them picked the .45). I found it to be like the M9 for the DA/SA trigger, but much better. Looking back, I wanted to get some other P220’s but never did. I would say they are more reliable and better than my 1911’s, yet I own dozens of 1911’s and have duplicates of a few firearms. I guess the P220 needs a partner. Anyone else own a P220? Ever had any issues? Does anyone still carry one?

Terralk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2023
    Canyon, Texas
    I own 2.
    A P220ST, and the camo P220 SA in 10mm.

I have owned a number of them, absolutely love the P220 overall but don't carry one at all. I shoot the 220ST about as well as mid grade 1911's (of which I own several), but don't ever carry the 1911's either.

Honestly if I thought about carrying a heavier metal framed piece of Sig equipment, it would be the P226.
    <sigh> Yeah, I have some of those too.

Not a fanboy, but have too many Sig's to say I am not a fan....

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I own 2.
    A P220ST, and the camo P220 SA in 10mm.

I have owned a number of them, absolutely love the P220 overall but don't carry one at all. I shoot the 220ST about as well as mid grade 1911's (of which I own several), but don't ever carry the 1911's either.

Honestly if I thought about carrying a heavier metal framed piece of Sig equipment, it would be the P226.
    <sigh> Yeah, I have some of those too.

Not a fanboy, but have too many Sig's to say I am not a fan....

I like firearms in general. I am a fan of Colt’s products and 1911’s. I do find set products I like more than others, like the Glock 17/19 more than the Sig P320 based pistols. I do like the metal frame Sigs, and some of their more custom metal P series are great, however the American made stuff does not seem as reliable and quality seems to have gone down. Not sure with CZ buying Colt how their stuff is (hoping that CZ/Dan Wesson combined with Colt will do well, but the new King Cobra is nothing like my older one, but the new Pythons are good now).

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I've owned 3 P220's - two of the standard blued / nitron finished, and one two tone 220R DAK. I'm one of the weirdos who really, really liked that DAK trigger.

Of all the .45's I've owned or shot, the P220 floats easily to the top of the pack as my favorite, edging out the Para Ordnance 14.45 single action I had for the top spot. The P220 is also my favorite of the Sig 22x designs.

IM001507.JPG

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Found some pix of my old 220 DAK. It was the gun I carried the day I got married. Unfortunately we hit some unexpected expenses about six months later and I had to sell it and a few other things to pay for the expense. Never could find another DAK on the local store shelves, they just were not popular. That's probably why I paid $300 + a trade for a Springfield XD9 for this gun at a dealer to begin with.
    Sig 220 DAK 037.jpg
    Sig220DAK 001.jpg
    Sig220DAK 009.jpg
    Sig220DAK 014.jpg
    Sig220DAK 015.jpg
    Sig220DAK 020.jpg

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Found some pix of my old 220 DAK. It was the gun I carried the day I got married. Unfortunately we hit some unexpected expenses about six months later and I had to sell it and a few other things to pay for the expense. Never could find another DAK on the local store shelves, they just were not popular. That's probably why I paid $300 + a trade for a Springfield XD9 for this gun at a dealer to begin with. View attachment 414131 View attachment 414132 View attachment 414133 View attachment 414134 View attachment 414135 View attachment 414136

I remember when GT Distributors in Pflugerville used to have a lot of DAK trigger Sigs for sale. They were LEO trade-ins and shot very little. If I remember correctly they were around $300.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Stupidest thing I ever did was to trade off a P220 for a Colt 1991A1 (was into USPSA at the time). That P220 was the best .45ACP I ever owned....and I shot it better than I ever did that 1911.

Ditto. I just had to have a 300 Blk upper. I regretted it before I left the parking lot. Regretted it more when the upper wasn’t accurate.

It was an early German gun. Had some work done, and it was butter smooth.

Terralk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2023
    Canyon, Texas
    Found some pix of my old 220 DAK. It was the gun I carried the day I got married. Unfortunately we hit some unexpected expenses about six months later and I had to sell it and a few other things to pay for the expense. Never could find another DAK on the local store shelves, they just were not popular. That's probably why I paid $300 + a trade for a Springfield XD9 for this gun at a dealer to begin with.

I did not like the DAK trigger when it came out. Have not had access to one in a few years, so don't know what my changing preferences would be nowadays. Do know that the DAK trigger hitting the market gave me a great deal on a P239 I still have. LEO buddy just had to have the newest thing, so sold me his P239 in 357Sig. That thing is an absolute joy, and plans to stay with me.

I do like the looks of that P220 you have in the pics though!

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    I carried one. i love the 220. Very accurate. Send it off to The Sig Armorer and you’ll really love it. I retired mine from carry duty and now carry a CZ P01 with red dot.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've been a Sig fan for awhile and do have a P220. Dunno if I'd say it's better than a good 1911, but it's definitely nicer than average 1911s.

I'd really like to try one of the SAO P220s.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I got some West German 220s and I think they’re one of the most accurate and reliable pistols. Every time I come across a 220 at fair price I try to pick one up; hoping value will go up one day

I have heard the newer ones are hit and miss for the P220’s with rails.

Destroyer357

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 23, 2023
    Dfw
    I have heard the newer ones are hit and miss for the P220’s with rails.
    I have the modern ones with rails and west German sigs; the West German feels a little tighter and well put together.

In my opinion- I think back in the day with Cold War going on and all, the older ones are made with some pride vs today is more of cutting corners if possible for the company bottom line

AlteisenMkII

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2022
    San Antonio,TX
    My pops has a few P220s. I recall one of em is an original German model with the euro-style magazine release. Very comfortable pistol . Though the only one I'd love in that line is the P220 Compact ever since seeing it in a magazine.

Top Bottom