• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    The politicians would have us believe that if property taxes are capped that it's the end of the world. They'll have to lay off police and fire, there won't be any teachers....and so on.

BULLSHIT. I saw the VERY same arguments against Measure 5 in Oregon when the Oregon voters decided to reign in high property taxes.

It was going to be blood in the streets! They would have to lay off teachers and cops and firefighters.

Guess what happened? You're right. Nothing. They had to quit wasting so much money for a couple of years.

Your city Government should first fully fund Fire and Police. That's their primary duty. Then they can start on the small stuff.
    Lynx Defense

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    . . . Your city Government should first fully fund Fire and Police. That's their primary duty. Then they can start on the small stuff.

The City of Dallas has to prioritize funds for tearing down statues of confederate heroes. After all, re-writing history to delete anything you don't like is more important than providing fire and police protection to your residents. :facepalm:

Last edited:

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I guess we're lucky in Dripping Springs. The wasteful spending isn't here, that's for sure. We don't have a police department and I don't think we need one. With the minimal problems we have out here, the Sheriff's Dept does great. Our schools get the main funding and they've been creative about stretching dollars and getting the most. Plenty of tax base out here, but they don't see us as cash cows.

Austin on the other hand is why I'm where I'm at. That stupid city council and Californian mayor can shut the front door and stick it up their back doors. I feel like punching my dog when he talks and I love my dog more than my wife.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    All of it is a real simple fix. Get a seventh grader in there that can do basic addition and subtraction, and let 'em do the math and tell the gubbament that's what's left they can spend. It's what we've all gotta do. Why can't they?

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    That stupid city council and Californian mayor can shut the front door and stick it up their back doors.
    He is liberal for sure, but not from commyfornia. As per Wiki:
    "Steve Adler was born to a Jewish family and first lived in Washington, DC and grew up in Kensington, Maryland. His father was a World War II veteran with the U.S. Navy who later became a film editor with CBS News. His mother was a homemaker."

"In 1978, he graduated from Princeton University with a B.A from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs. He then attended the University of Texas at Austin School of Law and received his juris doctorate in 1982. After graduating from University of Texas, Adler remained in Austin to practice law."

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    AustinN4,

Regardless of where he was BORN/RAISED/LIVES, he's a !@#$%^! LIB & deserves BEING BOOTED OUT OF every office of public trust, FOREVER.

yours, satx

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    The politicians would have us believe that if property taxes are capped that it's the end of the world. They'll have to lay off police and fire, there won't be any teachers....and so on.

BULLSHIT. I saw the VERY same arguments against Measure 5 in Oregon when the Oregon voters decided to reign in high property taxes.

It was going to be blood in the streets! They would have to lay off teachers and cops and firefighters.

Guess what happened? You're right. Nothing. They had to quit wasting so much money for a couple of years.

Your city Government should first fully fund Fire and Police. That's their primary duty. Then they can start on the small stuff.
    Don't get happy. Both the state and local are set to raise sales taxes instead.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    He is liberal for sure, but not from commyfornia. As per Wiki:
    "Steve Adler was born to a Jewish family and first lived in Washington, DC and grew up in Kensington, Maryland. His father was a World War II veteran with the U.S. Navy who later became a film editor with CBS News. His mother was a homemaker."

"In 1978, he graduated from Princeton University with a B.A from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs. He then attended the University of Texas at Austin School of Law and received his juris doctorate in 1982. After graduating from University of Texas, Adler remained in Austin to practice law."

Yankee, huh? Just as bad. I stream KOKE in the morning and get a chance to listen to Adler pretty much very Wednesday. I usually turn that segment off.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    My County Commissioner keeps the paved and gravel roads maintained and I have a volunteer fire dept station about 4 miles away so I'm good with the limited gov't I have.

County Sheriff is there if you need them (might be while??)

I don't ask for much.

bob

What’s the name of that town. You might be due for some new neighbors

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    All of it is a real simple fix. Get a seventh grader in there that can do basic addition and subtraction, and let 'em do the math and tell the gubbament that's what's left they can spend. It's what we've all gotta do. Why can't they?

Where could you find a seventh grader that can do basic addition and subtraction? I don't think they teach that in school now. I believe they teach calculator now instead of math.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    THis is the ol bait & switch deal. Many municipalities have limited (fixed) rate for elderly but the counties and cities set the assessment and local rate. Change the rate one year, assessment the next. Increasing sales tax only helps all the apt owners that have clout to fix the rate ( or tax 'abatement' deals). Oh, other problem is school and college districts are not in the 'deal' don't cap their rate. Most of my tax goes to school and college, hospital is minor part but increasing.
    As the saying goes, not much ado about nothing, except taxes will go UP.

Top Bottom