Texas SOT

The Things You've Had And Wished You Still Had Them!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    66 Alfa Guilia Sprint GT
    Mine was similar but Silver

d13d8b782c16942e68703c61824528fe.jpg

2007 Ram CTD

925a82c56466165716af6fc1d5077ba5.jpg

Dan Wesson CBOB

The first house I flipped in Dallas (should have kept it as a rental)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    ARJ Defense ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Really only two cars stand out from my past that I'd like to have back, the 1975 Chevrolet Laguna S-3, and the 1977 Pontiac Can Am. Both are semi-rare cars now, commanding premium prices if you can find them.

At the time, I did some trading with a fellow car nut, and he had his brother's 1977 Can Am, sitting at their farm with no engine or transmission, but otherwise complete. They only came in Cameo white, but could be had with a red, black, white or tan interior. Mine had the red interior. Mine had the Rally II rimes which I ended up doing some more trading with another buddy and ended up with a set of the aluminum "snowflake" rimes which were an option on the Can Am.

Even after sitting for a few years, the car was actually in really decent shape and really only needed a good cleaning and buffing out the paint to make it look good again. And it did!

Had a pretty stout Pontiac 455 and TH400 that got stuffed into it, and it was pretty stout, and looked pretty much stock when you opened the hood. Not the fastest car by any means, but was sure a great handling car and great on the highway to drive. Very comfortable on a long trip too.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Really only two cars stand out from my past that I'd like to have back, the 1975 Chevrolet Laguna S-3, and the 1977 Pontiac Can Am. Both are semi-rare cars now, commanding premium prices if you can find them.

At the time, I did some trading with a fellow car nut, and he had his brother's 1977 Can Am, sitting at their farm with no engine or transmission, but otherwise complete. They only came in Cameo white, but could be had with a red, black, white or tan interior. Mine had the red interior. Mine had the Rally II rimes which I ended up doing some more trading with another buddy and ended up with a set of the aluminum "snowflake" rimes which were an option on the Can Am.

Even after sitting for a few years, the car was actually in really decent shape and really only needed a good cleaning and buffing out the paint to make it look good again. And it did!

Had a pretty stout Pontiac 455 and TH400 that got stuffed into it, and it was pretty stout, and looked pretty much stock when you opened the hood. Not the fastest car by any means, but was sure a great handling car and great on the highway to drive. Very comfortable on a long trip too.

I believe if I was going to think of which car I owned was the most comfortable and easiest handling, I'd have to say it was the 1995 Lincoln Towncar Signature. I used to tell people it was like sitting in an easy chair in a living room for a long period of time.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    My '95 Porsche 993 Carrera. Sold it WAY too cheap 12 years ago.. they are worth stupid money now.. .and really.. the funnest car I ever owned.

Now, what I'm glad I DO NOT have any more is my BMW ///M6. The V10 was pure music.. the rest of the car, including everything else about the engine was utter sh*t... but it's a BMW.. so I should have expected that, they haven't built a good car in 30 years.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

My "BIG UGLY II", which was a 1987 Ford F250 DIESEL with the 5-speed ZF manual transmission, with < 61,000 miles..

A drunk driver (He "blew" a .26 on the breathalyzer.) came through our neighborhood at about 70-80MPH (according to SAPD) and totaled the F-250 AND my 1984 MB 300CD "sports coupe".
    (To give everyone an idea of how violent that the collision was, the ENGINE of the coupe ended up in the area behind the front bucket seats AND my PU, which was locked in 1st gear, was driven 118 feet & through a heavy wrought-iron fence AFTER he hit the MB coupe first.)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

BTW, the drunk driver got 30 days as "a guest of the county", a 1500.oo fine & his TDL was REVOKED FOREVER by Texas DMV.

yours, satx

Last edited:

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    To All,

My "BIG UGLY II", which was a 1987 Ford F250 DIESEL with the 5-speed ZF manual transmission, with < 61,000 miles..

A drunk driver (He "blew" a .26 on the breathalyzer.) came through our neighborhood at about 70-80MPH (according to SAPD) and totaled the F-250 AND my 1984 MB 300CD "sports coupe".
    (To give everyone an idea of how violent that the collision was, the ENGINE of the coupe ended up in the area behind the front bucket seats AND my PU, which was locked in 1st gear, was driven 118 feet & through a heavy wrought-iron fence AFTER he hit the MB coupe first.)

yours, satx

60B8C00B-AD68-4457-9073-44C2EA575CA1.jpeg

IndyDave1776

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Indiana
    To All,

yours, satx
    What was this jackass driving? A Brinks truck?

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    This is not just for firearms. Other good stuff (vehicles, etc.) that you wish you had never let go of! We've all gotten rid of nice stuff and regretted it at some point!
    I'll start out.

1958 Corvette, bought it for $1500 back in 1968 and sold it for $850 a couple of years later.
    Guns, I wish I had kept them all!
    youth

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    2002 Alpine white Gibson Les Paul Custom.

Edit to add a couple of pre-fender Jackson USA Soloists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

IndyDave1776,

One Ton 2017 Chevy truck.

Dave, to tell you how DRUNK that the Jackass was, not knowing that they were MY vehicles, came over to where I was sitting on the wall in front of my house & asked me IF I thought that the SAPD would, "---- think that I'm too drunk to drive my truck home?"
    (He obviously didn't know that his truck was in SEVERAL PIECES. = The city ended up sending a solid waste department truck & crew out to collect & cart away the remains of the Chevy truck.)

Then he asked my housekeeper (who had arrived) if she "thought that I'll get a ticket?"
    (When Diana said, "No, I don't believe that they will.", I actually LOL.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

I'm not even sure a Brinks armored truck would do that much damage, unless it could get up to 80mph!

Let's see. Two vehicles, one a 3/4 ton old Ford truck, in first gear, pushed over 100 feet, and then through a wrought iron fence?

Personally, from my past experience with doing accident recovery, and working in body shops for many years, I find it kind of hard to believe.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom