• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeyZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    I disassembled my marlin model 60 to clean it and when I put it back together I could not disengage the safety. I took it back apart and finally got the safety to disengage, but it was very stiff. Then I realized the trigger would not reset. I also noticed 2 small chunks of yellow plastic in the trigger group that had broken off of something. I'm hoping that replacing the trigger group will solve the problem.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    failing that, my bro had an old marlin that had the extracter self extract - Mr. Dietz fixed it right up for him.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    guy that runs Dietz gun range. on 46 outside new braunfels toward boerne

indpendnt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    DFW
    Wish you posted pics of this - I like to see possible malfunctions of guns I own to keep an eye out for the problem.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I don't have pics (mine was before camera phones existed or digital cameras were common), but my description might help you out, indpendnt. It's the only failure I've seen on my 60 that wasn't user-induced.

I disassembled my marlin model 60 to clean it and when I put it back together I could not disengage the safety. I took it back apart and finally got the safety to disengage, but it was very stiff. Then I realized the trigger would not reset. I also noticed 2 small chunks of yellow plastic in the trigger group that had broken off of something. I'm hoping that replacing the trigger group will solve the problem.

It's the buffer from the back of the action. The bolt rebounds off it. My 60 had this same problem when I bought it (which is actually why I managed to buy it for $10 :p) #6 on this diagram: Numrich Gun Parts Corp. - The World's Largest Supplier of Firearms Parts and Accessories

Dump the plastic pieces out and you can fire the rifle fine for a while, but you should replace it when you can. They're not that expensive.

indpendnt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    DFW
    +1
    Thanks that helps alot - I know the buffer of which you speak and can visualize it withouteven breaking it down...

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I don't have pics (mine was before camera phones existed or digital cameras were common), but my description might help you out, indpendnt. It's the only failure I've seen on my 60 that wasn't user-induced.

It's the buffer from the back of the action. The bolt rebounds off it. My 60 had this same problem when I bought it (which is actually why I managed to buy it for $10 :p) #6 on this diagram: Numrich Gun Parts Corp. - The World's Largest Supplier of Firearms Parts and Accessories

Dump the plastic pieces out and you can fire the rifle fine for a while, but you should replace it when you can. They're not that expensive.

that still blows me away man.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    +1
    Thanks that helps alot - I know the buffer of which you speak and can visualize it withouteven breaking it down...

Glad it helped. They get yellow and hard before they break. My rifle is actually a Glenfield 75C (the Sears-branded Marlin 60), so it was probably around 20 years old when the buffer in it broke.

that still blows me away man.

What? The $10 rifle? Dumbass kid owned it. :p

Top Bottom