DK Firearms

The True Irony In These Gun Control Actions!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    During times of Slavery, it was against the law for anyone to teach a black how to read. Their rights amounted to zero, they were not permitted to possess firearms and were totally subject to their owner's will.

Once blacks were legally free, little changed. The same restrictions were in place and the white racists kept blacks from moving out of their "place".

Blacks were granted the vote but literacy tests and poll taxes kept them as a group from voting. It was unusual for blacks to own guns because of restrictions and their cost.

I remember as a child, traveling through the deep south on our family treks to Florida (from Chicago) to see my fathers family. I remember the oppression blacks lived under, segregated restrooms and restaurants. There were three Johns in public buildings: White men, White women and colored.

My grandfather was a doctor in Chicago. He got sick and almost died so my grandmother piled him into a travel trailer and headed to Florida. He got better and started a private practice in south Florida. He was the only doctor around who would actually touch a field hand to examine them. Other doctors would give blacks a prescription but would never touch them. The old time doctors got pissed about my GF's behavior and tried to block his medical license in Florida. Luckily, Grandfather's license had already been granted!

When he finally passed on, my grandmother asked the preacher to allow my GF's black patients to attend his church funeral. That was promptly denied. My GF's funeral was held in the large backyard of their home and everyone was welcome! The source of this was my late Aunt who was there. She told me all about it. The restrictions blacks endured were in place only because those people belonged to a group that was not cool.

To gain freedom and equality, many died of all races. "Freedom riders" were murdered, blacks were tortured, hung and burned out of their homes. Many risked everything they had to do the right thing.....like my grandfather.

Native Americans were similarly treated. Giving or selling a gun to an "Indian" was severely restricted. They were driven from their homes on the "Trail of Tears" massacred by the US Cavalry........men, women and children because they weren't cool and forced to settle on God Forsaken land. Some came out OK. Oil was discovered on Indian land so the whites came back in and said...."time for you to move now." The Indians responded "Hell no, we're not leaving!" The Osage, Cherokee, Chickasaw and other tribes whipped butt legally and made fortunes in oil. Still, they were regulated and confined as US citizens. The reason for this discrimination? Native Americans were not cool.

In WW2, US Citizens of Japanese ancestry who lived on the west coast, were rounded up and moved inland to concentration camps. Their legally owned firearms were taken and they lived behind barbed wire enclosures. The book "Farewell to Manzanar" describes this ordeal. The only thing those people did was to belong to a class of people that was not currently cool.

When Katrina hit our neighbors in Louisiana, survivors had their homes ransacked without warrants, firearms confiscated for absolutely no reason at a time when guns were essential to keep their homes safe. The guns were rounded up, stored in barrels and several years later when lawsuits demanded their return they were sent back.....rusted blobs of worthless junk. The survivors were alone, vulnerable and didn't count, so they were victimized by an out of control government. In short, they weren't cool.

HERE'S THE IRONY IN ALL OF THIS.................

On MLK day it needs to be said that many people white and black died to make our nation equal for blacks. Many risked everything that they had to balance the table. It's ironic that it took a black man as POTUS to make a serious move to deny lawful Constitutional rights to all of us.

With the above track record in the open, it's ironic that we, as members of the shooting sports fraternity are labeled as "Paranoid" when we correctly state what these control moves are all about.....people control.

Further, it's ironic that we are labeled crazy kooks who fret about unwarranted searches to confiscate firearms when that actually occurred to our neighbors in Louisiana as recently as a few years ago. That action was nothing but theft by an out of control government!

It's ironic that when the middle class has been trashed by the economy and we are at our weakest, these controls are sprung on us.

It's ironic that our rulers have lifetime professional, armed protection, private schools and personal concealed weapons even as they move to disarm honest, law abiding citizens.

I'm old and have seen a lot of Presidents take office from Eisenhower to Obama. I didn't like ALL of them but it's the ONLY time I have ever questioned the loyalty or allegiance of our President. The President is supposed to be our leader, our role model and the living symbol of what an American is all about. We don't even know who the guy in the Oval Office really is. That's ironic.

THANK YOU. I NEEDED TO GET THIS OFF OF MY CHEST.

Flash

Last edited:

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Anyone who thinks we have democracy in this country is seriously ill informed. We just have 2 party dictatorship, and they just take turns to rule, its the people who always have to compromise one right one small compromise at a time. I have heard a few old men say " In our days we would just walk into a hardware store and buy guns, no big deal" Now gun has become a spooky subject for all.

:confused:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Sterling, that's probably the best part of being an old geezer. When you hear this crap for the second or third time, you can see it for what it really is! It's like knowing where all the bones are buried!

My friend and neighbor of 20 years came over and we talked for a while. Don is 61, black and retired. He said that he was having no luck finding 22LR ammo. I went into the garage and got him a brick of PMC Zapper and gave it to him. He refused and insisted in paying for it. I said "Fine....the price is 10 cents." We argued for a time then he gave me a dime, thanked me and took off for home.

An hour later, he came over with a huge plate of ribs, chicken, potato salad and beans that he and his family had been preparing all day.

I can't help but think that's how it always should have been.

Happy MLK Day!

Flash

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Anyone who thinks we have democracy in this country is seriously ill informed...
    :confused:

This country was never meant to be a democracy. The founding fathers considered democracy to be another evil form of government. This country was founded as a Constitutional Republic and was always meant to stay one.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    ^Those days are probably gone over. Most of the neighbors where I live dont even make eye contact anymore, I did my part btw of being nice and friendly.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Glad I live in the country, neighbors always wave, wether I know them or not. :)

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've been to the site of one of those WWII camps for folks of Japanese ancestry. It's a shopping mall now, and nobody knows what it was used for. The government liked to use horse tracks, because it was easy to set up a perimeter and the people could live in the horse stalls... That particular camp (now known as Tanforan Mall, minutes from downtown San Francisco) was just a processing point until they could send people to a more permanent camp out in the desert.

Guns played a role in the Civil Rights Movement in the '60s. King was a known gun owner who applied for (and was denied) a carry license. He was also protected by the Deacons for Defense and Justice. Basically an armed black militia. X figured that part out, too - your message won't get out, or it won't do much good to get it out - if you're dead in the street somewhere.

Now we're locked in another civil rights struggle. Make no mistake; the right to keep and bear arms is a civil right. It even goes beyond that. Self defense, and by extension the means to effective self defense, is the most basic human right. If you deny the physically weak access to effective tools, deny them access to effective firearms, you deny them their right to defend themselves.

Top Bottom