• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Killing yourself is the cowardly way out of any situation. The weak will be weeded out. Sounds mean, I guess, but it is mother natures way.

Zero tolerance and PCness are destroying this country. My children will not learn those ways. They are taught to fight back and speak the truth, even if it means hurting someones feelings or physical pain to themselves. My kids will not be victims.

A young girl killing herself is a travesty, not the advancement of the human race.
    Gun Zone Deals

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    If that would have happened to my kid, there would be some parents in the hospital in short order....over and over again until I was over my greif...which would never happen.... MG

Partychief67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fannin County, Texas
    My kids school - same B.S.

My kids are in a tiny rural district and it's the same zero tolerance namby pamby bull $hit. If you are physically attacked and you fight back, or throw a punch in self defense, you get the exact same penalty as the aggressor party. The penalty is more than just a paddling or suspension, the students get a ticket from the school cop, have to go the JP court and get a ticket + fine + community service.

So in a nutshell, at my kids school, if you get assaulted you just have to stand there and take it.

What I want to know (if there are any attorneys present, please speak up). This school district policy is in direct conflict with state law:

(a) Except as provided in Subsection (b), a person is justified in using force against another when and to the degree he reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful force.
    (b) The use of force against another is not justified:
    (1) in response to verbal provocation alone;
    (2) to resist an arrest or search that the actor knows is being made by a peace officer, or by a person acting in a peace officer's presence and at his direction, even though the arrest or search is unlawful, unless the resistance is justified under Subsection (c);
    (3) if the actor consented to the exact force used or attempted by the other;
    (4) if the actor provoked the other's use or attempted use of unlawful force, unless
    (A) the actor abandons the encounter, or clearly communicates to the other his intent to do so reasonably believing he cannot safely abandon the encounter; and
    (B) the other nevertheless continues or attempts to use unlawful force against the actor; or
    (5) if the actor sought an explanation from or discussion with the other person concerning the actor's differences with the other person while the actor was:
    (A) carrying a weapon in violation of Section 46.02; or
    (B) possessing or transporting a weapon in violation of Section 46.05.
    (c) The use of force to resist an arrest or search is justified:

So, how can school district policy legally trump the state penal code???

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I don't see how they can, and IMO it needs to be challenged. My parents were willing to give it a go.

Realize that if you win a case like this, the school would wind up having to pay all your legal fees... if you win.

Not that I see it going to court. Schools are filled with complete pussies who were usually bullies themselves in school. Stand your ground and let them know you're willing to put a fight up and they'll back off 9 times out of 10.

Partychief67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fannin County, Texas
    I've told both my boys that I will back them up all the way if something like this ever comes up. The only way I had become aware of this school policy was when this happened to another student.

The other student was a new kid that I had met a couple of times and he seemed to be a real straight actor and good kid. One day one of the football players got into a bullying incident with him and pushed him up against a wall and pinned him physically. This devolved into a full blown fist fight that according to my sons would have been called an even draw.

This all turned into an ISS (in school suspension), a ticket, fine and community service for both boys. All the parents were sort of shocked by this and were sort of hoping it would end up maybe before the school board or something. Unfortunately the new kids family had just got a job transfer and they just accepted it and then moved out of state shortly thereafter.

If it were my kids I would easliy drop $5k or so to press the issue before a judge.

Legally I am sure it's some bastardization of the "In loco parentis" theory where the school district is not held to the same standard as the rest of the world. It's long established with regard to things like the right to privacy, search and seizure, freedom of speach and things of that sort.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    My boy has had some issues with another kid and said the kid wanted to fight him. He called me asking what to do and I told him - try to avoid him, don't be caught alone (make sure others are around to see what happens), don't start the fight (let the other take the first shot), and beat the kid til he's down then stop.

Of course, my ex decides to take it a step further and calls my son's dean and tells him about the trouble and that she doesn't want my son in trouble if there is a fight. And my son ends up in detention for part of the day to keep them separated.

Things never seem to work out when she gets involved!

Partychief67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fannin County, Texas
    My boy has had some issues with another kid and said the kid wanted to fight him. He called me asking what to do and I told him - try to avoid him, don't be caught alone (make sure others are around to see what happens), don't start the fight (let the other take the first shot), and beat the kid til he's down then stop.

Of course, my ex decides to take it a step further and calls my son's dean and tells him about the trouble and that she doesn't want my son in trouble if there is a fight. And my son ends up in detention for part of the day to keep them separated.

Things never seem to work out when she gets involved!

Them ex wives are really character building for a man aren't they? LOL

I kept telling myself... one day my kids will turn 18, one day my kids will turn 18, and I'm done with this craziness, but then I realized that one day grandkids will happen then I'm right back at square one. LOL

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I grew up in Chicago in the 60's and had a group of older guys who made it a point to smash me at every opportunity. They would get in a circle and beat me back and forth between them. I made the mistake of telling my Dad and after his meddling, the guys got really rough.

I figured out that if I followed them and got each one by themselves, I could beat the snot out of him without much trouble. I still took some whup ass for a while but they soon figured out it just wasn't worth messing with me. One went through a bus window, one caught the bad end of a sawed off baseball bat. One got smashed in the face during an English class. In the end, however, I found peace. When they saw me coming....they walked away quickly.

There are two ways to handle being bullied. Whip ass or get whipped. If you get beaten enough, sooner or later you figure out how it's done.

Flash

Top Bottom