• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bk17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Michigan for now
    I know my dog gets excited(as in she wants to be out shooting too) when she hears me shooting in the backyard and then has to sniff my gun like crazy. guess she like the smell of powder too (wolf ammo seems to be hear favorite)

i have heard stories of people being stopped by TSA because the bag they used was used as a range bag before or because they where shooting pistols before going to the airport. maybe i will test that next time i fly somewhere.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I know my dog gets excited(as in she wants to be out shooting too) when she hears me shooting in the backyard and then has to sniff my gun like crazy. guess she like the smell of powder too (wolf ammo seems to be hear favorite)

i have heard stories of people being stopped by TSA because the bag they used was used as a range bag before or because they where shooting pistols before going to the airport. maybe i will test that next time i fly somewhere.

If I ever have to fly again - I might use my daypack as my carry on. I use it as a range bag, but it usually gets my sweaty, stanky gi stuffed into it after class, sometimes that gets forgotten about for a day or two. The poor sniffer pooch would probably just puke, or he'd alert just to screw with me because of the smell :laughing:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    wow another flimsy pretext for a search of someones car like drug dogs, lmao.
    How is a drug dog a flimsy pretext?

In contrast you could tell security to phuck off and leave and any dog not nationally certified and properly trained and documented isnt probable cause for a search. Nor is a security guard a LEO who can detain you.

If anyone sees these dogs in local stores I suggest planting fired brass is as many locations as possible, checkouts boxes of bags etc

Last edited:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    How is a drug dog a flimsy pretext?

In contrast you could tell security to phuck off and leave and any dog not nationally certified and properly trained and documented isnt probable cause for a search. Nor is a security guard a LEO who can detain you.

If anyone sees these dogs in local stores I suggest planting fired brass is as many locations as possible, checkouts boxes of bags etc

Nothing that wasteful.....a pinch of powder here and there should be enough to screw the dogs up....and make the janitorial staff's life interesting.....

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    I once heard that dogs sense of smell was 6 million times more sensitive than a human.
    Over time, I've heard and read: A dog can smell 10,000 times bettern a yu-man, then it was 40,000, now apparently it's up to 6 million...do I hear 7?

Going, going...

...and that it is breed variable.

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    If a person walks thru the forest, a dog can sniff the trail hours later.

How putrid is our odor if we’re standing right next to a dog?
    Can’t be that bad, they voluntarily smell butt.

I heard an account of a test wherein a dog was given a scent and followed it for a great distance after a protracted period of time then to and through a crowded mall to a successful outcome.

Bloodhounds, supposedly are the most accute over unfamiliar ground and labradors over familiar ground.

cwo4uscgret

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    near the Alamo
    Dogs have an amazing sense of smell. Law Enforcement has trained dogs to detect currency, people, drugs, and explosives for a long time.

Most LE K-9s react to the discovery by sitting by it others try to rip the seat apart. For Explosive Sniffing Dogs if you see the dog piss and crap after sniffing a suspected package…the handler will scream: RUN! That’s an old joke.

Many of the K9s that you see in the airport terminals are searching for “explosives” - near the Sky Way to board the plane they are also sniffing money and or drugs.

A working K9 is a thing of beauty.

During Vietnam one of the guys on the ship was a K9 Handler who got transferred back to K9s at Subic Bay Naval Station. Some of us were going off base for a night of fun and ran into Frisbee (the handler’s name) at the main gate. One of our party was trying to get Frisbee to show us what his dog could do; he said “Nah you don’t want to see that.” After a few people said come on man show us. He said ok. The first clue of an explosion was when he got into a position to brace himself. When he said “Get him” damn what a Hell Hound! On his back feet, stretching his lead like a tight rope, bared teeth, etc. The dog put the fear of God in us! Then he gave the dog another command - switch off - nice, friendly dog.

I also had a neighbor in Marin County, CA who was a K9 Officer. Her partner, Buck, was a 140# Rottweiler; I didn’t want to be in the same county if he was “working”! Friendly dog but flip a switch and he was a true beast!

alwho421

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Bartlett
    Like most other Dem run city's around the country, criminals released back to the streets with just a slap on the wrist.

"Latham was on electronic monitoring after being charged with punching a police officer at a Nordstrom in January.

He had previously been arrested for carrying a handgun at a Christian Doir store in September. Despite his repeated offenses, Latham was allowed to go free after posting 10 percent of his $30,000 bail and promising not to return to the store."
    had to release the criminals needed the room for the law abiding gun owners they want to arrest. Ukrainians showed why it's important for oligarchs to seize guns.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    xbasbajajjs
    Top Bottom