Texas SOT

There's a new Uncle Ted in town. Letter from Ted Cruz.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Here's one of the links. I'm loving this man more and more every day. Becoming a big star in Texas, making me feel a little better in these harsh times.

L1_zps79fd5acc.gif

L2_zpsfb91952e.gif

http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/122799297
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    If that's legit, then very nice ... especially the line: "In the future, I would ask that you might keep your efforts to diminish the Bill of Richards north of the Red River."

BUT as far as a new Uncle Ted ... There is only THE Uncle Ted.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    If that's legit, then very nice ... especially the line: "In the future, I would ask that you might keep your efforts to diminish the Bill of Richards north of the Red River."

BUT as far as a new Uncle Ted ... There is only THE Uncle Ted.

I have found nothing to suggest it's a fake. Lot's of info out there on it.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Theres already a thread on this but it is indeed real. He posted it on his official facebook page and has talked about it on TV too. I have high hopes for him for sure. Personally I think hes grooming himself for 2016, hes hispanic so he will get some of that vote and is being a very staunch conservative thus far which will revive the weak conservative enthusiasm we saw for Romney(for good reason).

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    He is a Canadian by birth, and a Texan by virtue of residence. He has not replied to my many correspondences. Until he does, he remains an untested freshman Senator who likes to take pot shots at more unpopular politicians in the pursuit of distracting his constituents from his true intentions. Never trust a politician; they manipulate popular opinion to attain the favor of special interests they are bought off to obey.

Follow the money ...

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    He is a Canadian by birth, and a Texan by virtue of residence. He has not replied to my many correspondences. Until he does, he remains an untested freshman Senator who likes to take pot shots at more unpopular politicians in the pursuit of distracting his constituents from his true intentions. Never trust a politician; they manipulate popular opinion to attain the favor of special interests they are bought off to obey.

Follow the money ...

? Please provide information to back up your claims. I know where he was born and much els. In keeping an eye on him, I see what he's doing that is positive. How is he manipulating popular opinion? What do you suppose are his true intentions?

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    ? Please provide information to back up your claims. I know where he was born and much els. In keeping an eye on him, I see what he's doing that is positive. How is he manipulating popular opinion? What do you suppose are his true intentions?

He was born in Canada but to two Americans who were there working so he is a dual citizen, the rest of shortrounds post is pretty well off-base IMO.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    He was born in Canada but to two Americans who were there working so he is a dual citizen, the rest of shortrounds post is pretty well off-base IMO.

Happy to answer your post.

Cruz jumped to prominence two years ago when we never heard of him. He jumped on the Tea-Party band wagon with nothing other than having fought the Federal Government on behalf of Texas.

He was not born, raised or educated in Texas. He's another phony Ivy League transplant.

He did a stint as Solicitor General for the State, but has no true roots to the State.

He is a career public servant (that is, he never earned an honest dollar), and he duped the Texas Tea Party. He is no different from Hillary Clinton who moved to New York to be a Senator.

We are so dumbed down, that we deserve whatever we get.

Just bend over, you will get more of we have gotten time after time.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Happy to answer your post.

Cruz jumped to prominence two years ago when we never heard of him. He jumped on the Tea-Party band wagon with nothing other than having fought the Federal Government on behalf of Texas.

He was not born, raised or educated in Texas. He's another phony Ivy League transplant.

He did a stint as Solicitor General for the State, but has no true roots to the State.

He is a career public servant (that is, he never earned an honest dollar), and he duped the Texas Tea Party. He is no different from Hillary Clinton who moved to New York to be a Senator.

We are so dumbed down, that we deserve whatever we get.

Just bend over, you will get more of we have gotten time after time.

Ok, so let's say that what you are saying, is true without any exceptions. He is still doing positive things in and for Texas. Why is that a bad thing? He is clearly a very intelligent senator with convictions and the balls to stand for them. Why should that be overlooked? And I wouldn't consider myself dumbed down. I spend most to all of my time educating myself through resources including perspective and debate. I may not be all knowing as I am sure you are not. I'm not the kind of guy that's sits on my ass, careless of what is going on in my country so I don't believe I deserve what is, unfortunately, coming to us.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Ill go with the whole "actions speak louder than words" mantra. I dont think we will ever find a congressman who will embody all the traits we like but thus far everything Ive seen him do is right inline with what I want him to do and more that I didnt even think of like the letter to Rahm. Im just a dumb sheeple though in your eyes I suppose.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    Thus far he has earned my respect and support, I like that he has been outspoken and straight forward. From what I've seen, heard and read of him he's doing a great job being the voice of the vast majority of Texans. With that being said aside from the good he's doing now, he's still a politician.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Thus far he has earned my respect and support, I like that he has been outspoken and straight forward. From what I've seen, heard and read of him he's doing a great job being the voice of the vast majority of Texans. With that being said aside from the good he's doing now, he's still a politician.

A more balanced opinion.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom