• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TangoUniform

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2011
    Ellis County, TX
    I’m sure some of you can relate to having old eyes like me. A drawer full of Walmart $7 reading glasses that do diddly for me at the range.

At anything over about 15-20 feet I sometimes loose the target using my iron sights on my LCP or G26.

I was thinking about a red dot for my G26 and maybe a laser on the LCP.
    What is your opinion/experience on these devices for concealed carry? Does target acquisition speed suffer?
    Hurley's Gold

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Yep trifocals here too. Though with a pistol and both eyes open using my stronger eye I am not doing to bad. The rossi 92 I have is a bit harder with the small v notch. I have opened it up some and a bit better. Since I am reloading for it I am thinking too might be my loads, so working up a few others for it. I thought of a peep sight for it but waiting first till I work out a few loads that might take care of it.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    The nice thing about the RMR is you focus on the target, not the dot. You just simply super-impose the dot on your target. I will have my TSD Glock at Close Range Gunfighting in Dallas TX on the 28th & 29th of May.

TangoUniform

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2011
    Ellis County, TX
    The articals at TSD were very informative and pretty much convinced me to go that way. Looks like a good retirement gift to myself.

I have to go to Montana this Saturday to see my mother who has been given 2 to 4 weeks to live. She is failing fast so I don't really know how long I'll be there.

Thanks.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    I'm so sorry, prayers sent for you and yours.
    The articals at TSD were very informative and pretty much convinced me to go that way. Looks like a good retirement gift to myself.

I have to go to Montana this Saturday to see my mother who has been given 2 to 4 weeks to live. She is failing fast so I don't really know how long I'll be there.

Thanks.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom