Things are looking bad in the world right now...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    I don't have to tell anyone posting and reading here that the world is at a very juncture right now.

I just posted in the politics forum about Russia and China evacuating citizens from Ukraine. That Russia has stepped up its emergency preps for its citizens - preparing them for attack. And the Biden Admin has called all US citizens in China to come home or face losing their US citizenship. This is decapitating the chip industry there.

None of this is good and could be leading us to some very very hard times.

The point is - top off your preps and stay frosty.
    Lynx Defense

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    And the Biden Admin has called all US citizens in China to come home or face losing their US citizenship.
    As was explained in the other thread, that's not accurate. The policy that has gone into effect basically tells U.S. companies involved in chip making that they can do business in and/or with China...OR...they can do business with the U.S. They can't do both.

Most companies are choosing to continue to do business in and with the U.S. That means a bunch of Americans working in China had to resign from their jobs.

Yes, it's basically a mortal blow to the Chinese chip industry but it's not like the buyers of Chinese chips didn't see this coming. Smart analysts have been telling high-tech companies to get the hell out of China for years.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    In addition to the US export restrictions impacting the Chinese chip industry, don’t forget China’s data flow restrictions is self-defeating isolationism, too.

Non-Chinese Investors are dumping or, in some cases, prohibited from investing in Chinese industries where there is no transparency on company performance.

In kicking off the 20th CCP Congress yesterday, his theme going forward is/was more of the same re: regressing from internationalism and attempting to re-kindle some sort of Second World alignment with Russia as a once peer, now minor partner in the alignment.

Xi actually sounded like Putin a la 2008 in his opener.

Doubling down on the Covid zero tolerance policy means more of the same start stop stumble economic performance for the next five years as well.

I don’t think China fails at the end of his third term, but we will see an acceleration of the hollowing of China.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    As was explained in the other thread, that's not accurate. The policy that has gone into effect basically tells U.S. companies involved in chip making that they can do business in and/or with China...OR...they can do business with the U.S. They can't do both.

Most companies are choosing to continue to do business in and with the U.S. That means a bunch of Americans working in China had to resign from their jobs.

Yes, it's basically a mortal blow to the Chinese chip industry but it's not like the buyers of Chinese chips didn't see this coming. Smart analysts have been telling high-tech companies to get the hell out of China for years.
    Mortal? Not in the long term. Probably the best course of action to take, but the Chinese will steal all the info they need and will build their own industry now. Will take them a while, but they will get there. Then they will be self sufficient.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    the Chinese will steal all the info they need and will build their own industry now. Will take them a while, but they will get there.
    That's clearly their plan. However, they've repeatedly demonstrated that high-end chip making, the clean-room-from-start-to-finish sort, is beyond their capabilities. Even with outside help, they've failed over and over.

Given their aging population, their looming food and energy problems, and the U.S. just not helping (as much) any more, I think it's an even-money wager whether they pull themselves up by the bootstraps or de-industrialize themselves into irrelevance.

ETA, many hours later -

This guy knows this stuff much better than me and he posted this video, talking about exactly the subject of this thread, last night. It's worth watching.

Last edited:

LynnKCicle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2022
    Houston, Texas
    I don't have to tell anyone posting and reading here that the world is at a very juncture right now.

I just posted in the politics forum about Russia and China evacuating citizens from Ukraine. That Russia has stepped up its emergency preps for its citizens - preparing them for attack. And the Biden Admin has called all US citizens in China to come home or face losing their US citizenship. This is decapitating the chip industry there.

None of this is good and could be leading us to some very very hard times.

The point is - top off your preps and stay frosty.
    The world has always been a dangerous place. Americans are often amazed to learn that because like fat and lazy Hobbits, we have been protected by hidden people who serve in silence.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    You seem desperate to be a Paul Revere type character...but you're checking all the boxes for Chicken Little instead. You're blowing all of this out of proportion, misquoting your sources which you never lead with, and trying to gin up a panic for no good reason. Relax, man. There's plenty to worry about without all of this you're trying to do.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    We get alot of chips/stuff from Taiwan already. So there's another reason for CCP agitation about 'one' china and doing a Ukraine on them.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    General Zod, regarding your last post: Well thank you for your opinion - which you know is like assholes... right? And you know well and good that I put up a couple of news links for those - in the other thread. I also said do your own research - which you should always do - I can post links to support my statement but that is not the end all is it?

And today, I see that Russia has declared marshal law in it's newly annexed sections of Ukraine.

Make of that what you will - do your own search if you want more information. If you don't like me posting things, then don't read my posts and please don't reply.

The point is, things are happening that are more dangerous than the usual state of affairs. That's MY opinion and I was just sharing that.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant

This is what I was talking about - and also why I ask that interested parties do their own look around. Sometimes my memory scrambles the message some.... here's a link (happy General Zud?) for what's happening: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...at-china-chip-firms-thwarts-xi-s-key-ambition

Again - my point is that people need to pay attention to what's going down because in spite of what some have said, it is NOT business as usual. And given our idiot/criminal current federal leadership... don't you think we should be a little concerned?

Reactions: gll
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom