• ...and so much more!
  • Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Notice how our darlin' women folks will sometimes tell us things then plead with us not to get involved?
    Why tell us something they know is going to have us putting on our boots if they don't want us to do anything?
    Mrs. Whistler just comes in telling me about the woman who owns the goat (remember the goat?) got her ass beat by her male counterpart. She's scrambling to get her belongs out before he gets back home. I'll spare the infuriating details because y'all are like me and will want to teach a little respect.
    There is no good way this thing ends if I go over there, I don't even know those people. I stopped her mid-story when she started to mention the kids, don't tell me because you know how I reacted the last time.
    Not to leave anyone hanging, found her some help but dang it all to hell!
    Texas SOT

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Yep that's what I told Mrs Whistler, she had a restraining order in place before she got hit, call the cops and ask them to come hang out while she does her thing.
    I'm too old to do anything but shoot the idiot, ranting about that frustration as much as anything probably. Kids involved is what spun me up.
    I had a sister with an abusive husband, he's dead now and it was a long stupid road getting to that.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I know that story, came to the defense of some girl in that big pool hall in Dickinson (can't remember the name now) back in the 70s. Got hit in the mouth with a pool cue, found out later it was her!

eta- was it Le Cue? Now that's going to bug me until I think of it!

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Notice how our darlin' women folks will sometimes tell us things then plead with us not to get involved?
    Why tell us something they know is going to have us putting on our boots if they don't want us to do anything?
    Mrs. Whistler just comes in telling me about the woman who owns the goat (remember the goat?) got her ass beat by her male counterpart. She's scrambling to get her belongs out before he gets back home. I'll spare the infuriating details because y'all are like me and will want to teach a little respect.
    There is no good way this thing ends if I go over there, I don't even know those people. I stopped her mid-story when she started to mention the kids, don't tell me because you know how I reacted the last time.
    Yep, it just never works out well for the intervener. Plenty of homicide cases on the First 48 attest to that.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Yea, leave that shit to the cops, they are half way good at that job,
    well, if you don't count the Gabby Petito case...

My dad told me a story about when he first started on the police force. They were called to a domestic disturbance at a bar. They showed up to find the couple and the lady had been smacked around. So they take him outside, not handcuffed (it was in the 1950's).

Wifey comes out there too, and she started hitting my dad over the head with her high heel. Dad puts her in the cruiser, and turns to see the husband had pulled a shotgun out of the bushes. He put it to my dad's partner. My dad had his pistol to the guys head. Standoff.

Cooler heads prevailed, and the guy put the shotgun down, and they hauled them both to jail. Back then a cop could take a gun home he took off a perp if nobody claimed it in 60 days. I have that shotgun in my safe. Old Mississippi Valley Arms 16g single shot. Stock is cracked, like the day he took it home.

And this is the gun he had to the guys head....

IMG_1751.jpeg

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    And yet you did. Help for the goat lady or . . . Mrs. Whistler? :green:

In my experience and observations which is limited to Harris county, LE and the judicial system always leans heavily in favor of the female, no matter the facts.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I do have to say he did a pretty good number on her, she was in rough shape when I saw her. Makes me very glad I didn't go over there. I raised three daughters, there's no doubt I'd have just made it worse.
    Makes me think though, short of police, takes them quite a while to get out here, what do you do? I can't feel it's right to just stand aside while someone is viciously abusing someone smaller and weaker.
    I know how it usually turns out from first hand experience and my brain knows better but my heart has issues with it.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    My dad told me a story about when he first started on the police force. They were called to a domestic disturbance at a bar. They showed up to find the couple and the lady had been smacked around. So they take him outside, not handcuffed (it was in the 1950's).

Wifey comes out there too, and she started hitting my dad over the head with her high heel. Dad puts her in the cruiser, and turns to see the husband had pulled a shotgun out of the bushes. He put it to my dad's partner. My dad had his pistol to the guys head. Standoff.

Cooler heads prevailed, and the guy put the shotgun down, and they hauled them both to jail. Back then a cop could take a gun home he took off a perp if nobody claimed it in 60 days. I have that shotgun in my safe. Old Mississippi Valley Arms 16g single shot. Stock is cracked, like the day he took it home.

And this is the gun he had to the guys head....

View attachment 407708

are those pearl handles? Cuz you know....

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    are those pearl handles? Cuz you know....

They are.

I have the original stag handles. But when he made Chief someone gave him the pearl ones.

He loved the pearl grips. First fancy thing he ever had. It was a big deal for a back woods Oklahoma redneck over achiever.

HS valedictorian, Army Air Corp drill instructor in WW2, and made Chief too. Lofty stuff for a sharecropper’s son.

Must have been over 1000 people at his funeral. He was highly respected. I was shocked to see how respected and regarded he was. Most of the time he was the guy trying to spoil my fun.

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I do have to say he did a pretty good number on her, she was in rough shape when I saw her. Makes me very glad I didn't go over there. I raised three daughters, there's no doubt I'd have just made it worse.
    Makes me think though, short of police, takes them quite a while to get out here, what do you do? I can't feel it's right to just stand aside while someone is viciously abusing someone smaller and weaker.
    I know how it usually turns out from first hand experience and my brain knows better but my heart has issues with it.

I feel ya.

Top Bottom