• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    IMO car and house you have 2 different types of people. Your right they are a nuicense(sp) so people ignore them. I know when I hear something 3 times as loud as a car alarm and its attached to a home, I do honestly pay attention unlike the stated car alarms. Most of the time people break into cars with alarms, IT WAS a accident and they did not know it had one. Ooops too late, grab shit and go.

Car alarm saved my car from being stolen once(kill switch) but not from being broke into.

Car took about 2-3 days to get over
    HOME MAY TAKE YEARS to get over knowing someone violated you like that. Ive never had a house alarm and I personally think camera are a more logical way to go. I know I wouldnt do anything REAL BAD knowing I was on vid

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    IHOME MAY TAKE YEARS to get over knowing someone violated you like that. Ive never had a house alarm and I personally think camera are a more logical way to go. I know I wouldnt do anything REAL BAD knowing I was on vid

I agree 100%.

ZX9RCAM said:
    Unless you get home in time to do a tactical precision clearing of your house.

So you're saying that if you got home and saw that your house was broken into and heard the alarm going off that you would physically enter the residence? Wouldn't it be safer to call the police and wait outside in case someone comes OUT of the residence?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    So you're saying that if you got home and saw that your house was broken into and heard the alarm going off that you would physically enter the residence? Wouldn't it be safer to call the police and wait outside in case someone comes OUT of the residence?

Not only no, but HELL no.....see post #58

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    It's the demon from paranormal activity!

I keep my AR (with light mounted on it) and 1911 chambered right next to my bed within arms reach of my head. Mosin is there too, but it's not loaded. Too old, clunky, heavy, and long to be of any HD use.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Used to be an HD gun, back when it was the first and only gun I owned when I was 18... Nowadays it's there for looks and range trips.

scaled.php

BMiracleTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Abilene

Let me clarify. That post was in response to ZX9R posting about my own gun being held to my head. IF I came home, door open, alarm going off, the first thing I would do is call 911... strength in numbers. I am not going to go storming in. Once the alarm goes off, the likelihood of the bad guy staying in the house is pretty low. But IF the cops never come (like the post about police response times), what are you going to do? Camp out in your truck? Nope... someone will have to go in and it damn sure won't be my wife! IF I had to go in alone, because of a lack of police support, then I guarantee that I would be going in with my CCW drawn with the EXACT same mentality I have used and been trained with by the military. It would be very slow, thorough, and precise to avoid any chance of a bad guy holding my own gun to my head. We could "what if" scenarios all day long, but bottom line, if police fail to respond and I do have to go in, I sure as hell arent going to just stroll in like nothing is going on. Hopefully I will never run into this situation in my home, and I wish society was a place where nobody ever had to experience this.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Me and two buddies cleared a house one time. Not sure my adrenal glands have ever healed up from that experience.
    My fullest respect goes to the brave soldiers/police that clear buildings for a living.

Tapatalk sent it.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Well home alarms have its place, my neighbors went off once, I thought about walking outside with a shotgun, but before I could go get it. A different nam vet neighbor came flying out of his house with his glock. So I'm kinda glad I didn't. He walked the house and waited the 30 minutes it took for the cops to show up.

Top Bottom