Gun Zone Deals

This guy really helped our cause....NOT! What a moron!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Guys, I edited a few posts and removed all the video links to Yeager. Anyone posting links to that particular video, I will keep deleting them, so don't do it. I am not fan at all of him, but that being said, things like the comments in his video are exactly what we don't need right now. We shouldn't be adding fuel to this fire by spreading such things. It's already gone viral and been picked up by the Huffington Post, among others, which is not good. That's big, that's mainstream, and that makes us all look like complete lunatics to the average person that maybe doesn't fully understand history and the things that we believe. It's those types of things the other side are just foaming at the mouth for, to further support their cause. Positive videos, like the clip from Travis Haley, are EXACTLY what we need. I really dislike Nutnfancy, but even he has a few recent videos on the subject that actually have some pretty good thought put into them. We don't need this going off half cocked nonsense.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Good idea, Sig. Even though our comments here are all against what he said in the video (particularly towards the end), someone stumbling through the forum might see it and just assume we're supporting this guy without even reading the comments. Or someone from the MSM would gladly misrepresent it, spinning as if this gun forum supported him...nah the media would NEVER do anything like that, would they? :-p

There are definitely some good and positive people on YouTube. Some of my favorites are MainePrepper, HossUSMC, SouthernPrepper1, and Equip2Endure - Good all around channels that are a lot more positive, and level headed than most. Completely opposite of that lunatic in the video. Truthfully, the dude needs to take some anger management classes. He's gonna have a stroke if he doesn't chill.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I understand. I made sure I was clear about how I felt about his moronicness in the title of the post, but I see why you'd want to delete it. Just one of those things I couldn't not say something about.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    I agree that his video wasn't a good way to handle it. We all go off the handle some times but it was his dumb mis judgement to follow through with the posting. Alot of people don't like him but he has certainly seen some serious stuff. I also know this guy is more qualified than most of us.
    BIAP AMBUSH!! Real Story- James Yeager Coward Myth (Annotations will NOT show on iPhone/iPad) - YouTube
    James Yeager Interview: Coward???? - YouTube

Mr Yeager is the guy who "forgot" about what type of transmission his vehicle had and then bailed out during a firefight on Route Irish (main road from BIAP to the Green Zone) leaving his comrades in contact. He found a nice, comfortable ditch to hide in without returning fire on the enemy. Read the official report (called an AAR), with witness comments, after the fact. Google him. I won't call him any names; his actions do that for him. He had plenty of opportunities and reason to start "killing people" then (like he threatened to in his video)... I guess he was doing other things during his Iraq contractor tour. His training techniques are strange, to put it mildly. He has no military time or training (though he criticizes the various elite military teams and their training). He was fired after a short stint as police chief in a small town in TN...he wanted to start a SWAT Team in a town of 500 people, among other things. He likes to threaten people who challenge him in any way; he also loves to pose shirtless in his videos and on his site (good training value there), showcasing his tats. Draw your own conclusions.
    Bob

Last edited:

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mr Yeager is the guy who "forgot" about what type of transmission his vehicle had and then bailed out during a firefight on Route Irish (main road from BIAP to the Green Zone) leaving his comrades in contact. He found a nice, comfortable ditch to hide in without returning fire on the enemy. Read the official report (called an AAR), with witness comments, after the fact. Google him. I won't call him any names; his actions do that for him. He had plenty of opportunities and reason to start "killing people" then (like he threatened to in his video)... I guess he was doing other things during his Iraq contractor tour. His training techniques are strange, to put it mildly. He has no military time or training (though he criticizes the various elite military teams and their training). He was fired after a short stint as police chief in a small town in TN...he wanted to start a SWAT Team in a town of 500 people, among other things. He likes to threaten people who challenge him in any way; he also loves to pose shirtless in his videos and on his site (good training value there), showcasing his tats. Draw your own conclusions.
    Bob

edited..

Last edited:

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    The debate about whether he acted cowardly or bravely for me is no longer relevant. The guy did something really stupid by making that video, made gun owners in general have an even worse name to the liberals, and has now caught national attention (saw a co-worker watching him on Jon Stewart the other day). So his history is a moot point to me anymore. :(

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    The debate about whether he acted cowardly or bravely for me is no longer relevant. The guy did something really stupid by making that video, made gun owners in general have an even worse name to the liberals, and has now caught national attention (saw a co-worker watching him on Jon Stewart the other day). So his history is a moot point to me anymore. :(

You're right and maybe I was a little late hearing this stuff. No need for me to start a new debate on an old subject. Mr. Alex Jones didn't help us much either.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom