ARGH! I think I like those even better than the katanas! LOL
    DK Firearms

sylvirfoxx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2017
    Texas
    Hello & welcome.
    WELCOME ABOARD. - We have far too little estrogen on TGT for my taste.
    (I keep trying to get my daughter to get interested in the forum but so far NO luck.)

yours, satx
    Thanks, guys!
    Wildcat Diva,

About 2 years after my grandmother's passing in 1973 (She was born in Indian Territory in 1873 & nearly made it to 100YO.), my kid sister went though her "personal belongings" & found the 2 large hair-combs that she had worn in her braids for 75+ years.
    Nancy dropped one of the "combs" & much to her surprise discovered that both combs were actually concealed mother-of-pearl handled daggers.
    (IT/OK was wild & quite dangerous in that era & even "nice church ladies" carried concealed arms for self-protection.)

Note: We also found a Colt's Banker's Special in .38S&W (circa 1910) with suede holster among her effects, when her estate was settled. - The longer I have thought of it, the less that I believe my GM's protestations that she was "nothing more than a farm wife & long-serving schoolmarm".

yours, satx
    Wow. Those combs sound really cool. Would love to see pictures of those!
    Thank you. : )

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    ARGH! I think I like those even better than the katanas! LOL
    I have A LOT of hair weaponry. Decorative mostly.
    A few letter openers that could do the job. Mostly just stuff that suggests the theme, though.

Satx: SO SO cool!!

Moonpie: nah. Never went off on anybody with them. Occasionally my kid pulls the swords out of my hair to brandish at some imaginary foe with a "chiiiiiiinnnng!!!" sound effect.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Welcome, Sylvirfoxx! Happy to have you join us in our gender-neutral restroom door forum.

Wildcat Diva,

About 2 years after my grandmother's passing in 1973 (She was born in Indian Territory in 1873 & nearly made it to 100YO.), my kid sister went though her "personal belongings" & found the 2 large hair-combs that she had worn in her braids for 75+ years.
    Nancy dropped one of the "combs" & much to her surprise discovered that both combs were actually concealed mother-of-pearl handled daggers.
    (IT/OK was wild & quite dangerous in that era & even "nice church ladies" carried concealed arms for self-protection.)

Note: We also found a Colt's Banker's Special in .38S&W (circa 1910) with suede holster among her effects, when her estate was settled. - The longer I have thought of it, the less that I believe my GM's protestations that she was "nothing more than a farm wife & long-serving schoolmarm".

yours, satx

She probably was just a farm wife and schoolmarm.....one that people didn't mess with.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    seeker_two,

One thing is certain about my GM: She was determined that women in OK would "get the vote" & was an active Suffragette. = She was frequently ARRESTED/JAILED for her activities in Tulsa, Enid & OKC as early as 1907.
    (As my mother said, "She was no pussycat. Nettie Mae was a lioness, full-grown. Though she was 'bull-headed' & often abrasive, she accomplished much that was good." Mother paused & then said, "In frontier OK & TX, we women had to learn to kill our own snakes.")
    Note: My mother was born in JAN 1918 & quietly passed away in her sleep in SEP 2016.

yours, satx

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    seeker_two,

One thing is certain about my GM: She was determined that women in OK would "get the vote" & was an active Suffragette. = She was frequently ARRESTED/JAILED for her activities in Tulsa, Enid & OKC as early as 1907.
    (As my mother said, "She was no pussycat. Nettie Mae was a lioness, full-grown. Though she was 'bull-headed' & often abrasive, she accomplished much that was good." Mother paused & then said, "In frontier OK & TX, we women had to learn to kill our own snakes.")
    Note: My mother was born in JAN 1918 & quietly passed away in her sleep in SEP 2017.

yours, satx
    I'm sorry for the jab and I'm sure she was a great woman, but does she know she will pass away in two months?

sylvirfoxx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2017
    Texas
    I have A LOT of hair weaponry. Decorative mostly.
    A few letter openers that could do the job. Mostly just stuff that suggests the theme, though.
    Those brass sticks I'm getting from the RAOK could put a hole in somebody if they had to...
    Welcome to TGT!
    Thanks!
    Welcome, Sylvirfoxx! Happy to have you join us in our gender-neutral restroom door forum.
    Gender-neutral my foot! That restroom door was clearly transgender male only and discriminated against pansexual females! LoL!
    seeker_two,

Note: My mother was born in JAN 1918 & quietly passed away in her sleep in SEP 2016.

yours, satx
    Well good on her! My Grandmother (passed away last year) lived more in the city when I knew her, but she was that way too. My dad likes telling about the time a senator called the house (she was the President of the Texas Women's Auxiliary for years) and asked to speak to her. My dad told him she was out hanging sheetrock (she was in her 60's, if I remember correctly). The senator assumed my dad was talking about his sister, who shared my grandmother's name, and clarified that he meant my dad's mom. And my dad informed him that yes, his mother was in fact out hanging sheetrock by herself.

Howdy!

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Wildcat Diva,

yours, satx

Why does it sound like the women were better prepared and had better options over 100 years ago than they do today?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Why does it sound like the women were better prepared and had better options over 100 years ago than they do today?

F350-6,

I suspect that my grandmother's & (even) mother's generation HAD to be better prepared than 99+% of our generation's women are. = As I said earlier, OK & TX were "wild & wooly" in their girlhood/young womanhood.
    (Mother about 1940 "drove off" a pair of livestock thieves from our family farm with her trusty Fox DB shotgun.)

That said, a 2/4 footed predator would be wise to avoid my beloved like she is "giving out free cases of plague", as she goes about armed on her "daily rounds" & is quite willing/able to use arms to defend herself, hearth & home.
    (I suspect that at least 2 of the distaff members of this forum would do the same, if backed into a corner.)

just my OPINIONS, satx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom