this just in -- tolls roads are racist

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DCortez, Sep 22, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
  2. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    NO I think the race card still has some play in it. After all, if you can't use the race card then what is a person expected to do? Pose a valid argument? Take responsibility for their actions?

I think my electric bill is too high, my electric company is DEFINITELY racist.:gotme:

3. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Reality is racist. You know that minority children have more accidents (fatal and not) than white kids? Racism!

4. cog41

cog41 Member

May 21, 2009
    Texas
    The race card is simply put, A worn out crutch.

5. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    How many non-whites were employed to build these massive structures?

6. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I can't see how a toll road is racist.
    The road does not give a dam about your skin color only the color of the money in your pocket.
    Just because it's not free does not make it racist.
    But when whinny lazy people feel that someone is getting something they want but are not willing to pay for it - it's racist!!!

7. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Its annoying that people act as if all of a sudden the color of their skin is visible.

Get a life people, you're not suddenly brown. You're not suddenly black. You're not suddenly white. You're not suddenly... Well you get the idea. in my 30 years I've been discriminated against here and there. Does it piss me off? You bet. Will I let it shade how I live my life and be the person I am? No. The purpose of my life is to pilot my life so that The Man upstairs is pleased. And I don't always do a good job of that!

The ones doing wrong in life will get their just pie. Hand it off people.

Get over the race argument already and start making stronger decisions in life so you can stand on your own two feet. It's not rocket science, it's just hard work.

8. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Race is just another excuse for people to feel sorry for themselves and vindicate their inabilities.

Is there racism? Sure, not a single person out there isn't prejudice. Well founded? Some probably are, and others not.

If you are a black man and you get denied a job because of your skin color ... do you honestly want to work in that environment and make that company money? I know my answer, it's hell no. Same goes for a woman, man, white, black, brown, etc.

I say we rename everyone's race as sepia, LOL.

9. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

:lolz:

10. rsayloriii

rsayloriii TGT Addict

May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    "A lawsuit filed by Arlington County last month claims the lanes benefit wealthy white people and discriminates against minorities. While the only rule to get in the HOV lanes on Interstate 395 is you must have three people in the car, Arlington claims adding HOT lanes would cut out poor and minorities by defacto."

Oh really? I actually think that's the other way around. When was the last time you saw only one "minority" in a car? Don't know about y'all, but around here it looks like the circus has come to town when the "minorities" get out of the Geo Metro ... 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... 4 ... 5 ... 10 ... 20 ... And don't get me started on something as big as a Suburban ... don't have enough fingers and toes to begin counting that one. But yet on the other hand, I usually see the "white suburbanite mom" alone driving in a Suburban sized vehicle. Hmmmmm .....